Source Audio press release (October 4, 2011)
Boston, MA - Source Audio, the multiple award winning guitar and bass effects innovator announces the release of their new compact, cast aluminum Programmable EQ pedal featuring four savable presets, an 18dB range over eight frequency bands, up to 12dB of clean boost, MIDI input, and a tremolo-like auto-scrolling feature.
The Programmable EQ, designed for use with both guitar and bass, offers a level of functionality previously unseen in graphic equalizer stompboxes. The MIDI input allows the pedal to interface presets with a variety of floor and rack multi-effects units including the Line 6 POD, Boss GT-8, Behringer V-Amp, and Axe-FX. In octave extension mode, users can activate an extra eighth frequency band to expand the range of the Programmable EQ for bass. The output knob features a variable blue LED that increases in brightness as more boost is added. Perhaps the most striking feature is the auto-scroll mode, which turns the pedal into a customizable tremolo or sequencer-like effect by scrolling through the four saved presets at adjustable speeds.
The compact unit is an easy pedal board addition with a small footprint of 4.5 in/11.4cm (Length) x 2.5 in/6.4cm (Width) x 2 in/5.1cm (Height). It also features a rugged cast aluminum housing and a hardwire true bypass that utilizes a small signal relay for improved reliability and remote switching capabilities.
The Programmable EQ runs on a 9V battery (included) or an optional power supply. Like all Source Audio pedals, it features Source Audio's proprietary 56-bit state-of-the-art Digital Signal Processor, the SA601 chip with crystal clear 24-bit converters. MSRP on the Programmable EQ is $209.
The Source Audio Programmable EQ is a thoroughly modern and highly streamlined upgrade to traditional equalizer pedals. This compact, rugged, cast aluminum stompbox provides quick, hands-free access to four different user programmed EQ settings. Whatever your instrument, playing style, or genre, the Source Audio Programmable EQ is the essential tone-sculpting tool for your live rig.
The Programmable EQ packs plus or minus 18dB of range over seven frequency bands, plus an additional frequency band at 62Hz, accessible via the Octave Extend function. Engaging the Octave Extend systematically optimizes the pedal’s frequency spectrum to accommodate the specific frequency range of the bass. Once you’ve dialed in the desired guitar or bass tone, save it in one of four programmable user presets. Each preset is easily accessible via the hands-free footswitch scrolling function. Simply hold down the footswitch and let the pedal scroll through each preset at an adjustable rate – release to engage. The pedal’s MIDI input also provides remote access to user presets or engages/disengages the effect. Run a MIDI signal from your POD, Eventide Space reverb, TC Nova System or any other MIDI compatible multi-effects unit and vastly expand your tone horizon within each preset.
The Programmable EQ offers a substantial clean boost of up to 12dB. Use the clean boost for an entirely transparent volume increase or go further and give your amp the front-end push needed for an aggressive natural break-up. The relay-based true bypass footswitch provides improved reliability, remote switching capabilities, and a completely unaffected, hard wire signal in bypass mode. As a bonus, the Auto-scrolling function, which automatically scrolls between all four presets at an adjustable rate, creates unique and dramatic effects similar to sequencer or tremolo units.
Features & Specifications:
- +/- 18dB range over seven frequency bands.
- Four independent programmable user presets easily recalled via the Footswitch.
- Octave Extend Function: optimizes the EQ for bass with an additional freq band at 62Hz.
- Small Footprint: A compact, rugged, cast aluminum housing.
- 12dB of clean boost.
- Auto-scrolling function: automatically scrolls through all four presets to create unique and dramatic effects similar to sequencer or tremolo units.
- Hardwire “True” Bypass: utilizes a small-signal relay for improved reliability and remote switching capabilities.
- MIDI input: recall presets, engage/bypass remotely via MIDI.
- State-of-the-art DSP — our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601 and crystal-clear 24-bit converters.
- Dimensions: 4.5 in/11.4cm (Length) x 2.5 in/6.4cm (width) x 2 in/5.1cm (height)
- Runs on a 9V battery (included) or power supply (not included).
- (2011-07-27) Source Audio Programmable EQ - Summer NAMM 2011 by Harmony-Central
- (2011-11-02) The NEW Programmable EQ pedal by Source Audio by Source Audio
- (2012-02-24) The Source Audio Programmable EQ for Bass Guitar by Source Audio
- (2012-06-12) Source Audio Programmable EQ by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2012-06-21) Victor Wooten Plays Upright Bass Through Programmable EQ by Source Audio
- (2013-01-16) Source Audio Programmable EQ by Crxshdxmmy
- (2013-03-26) Source Audio Programmable EQ FX-Pedal im Test auf musikmachen.de by musikmachenDE
- (2015-05-28) Steven Wilson Talks About the Programmable EQ from Source Audio by Source Audio
- (2015-12-03) Source Audio Programmable EQ FX-Pedal by musikmachenDE