The Soundblox Pro Multiwave Distortion features 23 distinct, modern, and highly tweakable effect types, plus a 7-band graphic EQ and six user preset stations. With all this flexibility and programmability, it's the perfect pedal for both studio and stage.
What makes the Multiwave unique is its ability to distort a signal with either multi-band or single band processing. Multi-band processing splits the signal into several distinct frequencies, distorts them separately, and recombines them for the final outputted signal. The effect is a clear distortion with sturdy attack and great note articulation. Single band processing employs a more conventional approach by applying distortion to the entire signal. The result is a familiar but equally expressive set of guitar tones. The processing categories are further broken down into three subcategories, ranging from “normal”, for a somewhat traditional distortion curve, to extreme “foldback” and “octave” settings, for more aggressive and synth-like distortion tones.
The onboard 7-band graphic equalizer with a 12 dB adjustment range in both directions provides serious tone manipulation capabilities. Plus, customized tones can be saved in the 6 programmable user preset stations, available for speedy recall via three footswitches.
The Pro also includes a MIDI input allowing external access to presets and parameters, and is Hot Hand® ready for even more expressive capabilities.
Soundblox Pro Multiwave Distortion Features & Specifications:
- Diverse Sound Palette — Featuring 23 varieties of our unique distortion algorithms with an added CLEAN BOOST + EQ mode.
- Multiband Processing — Signal is split into multiple bands and distorted individually for unprecedented sound clarity.
- State-of-the-art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- 6 User Presets — Easy to configure user presets in two banks selectable via 3 footswitches for quick access of your favorite sounds
- 7-Band Equalizer — Ultra-precise 7-band equalizer for in-depth tone control saved per preset.
- Sound Morphing — An expression input allows morphing of sounds between preset banks.
- MIDI Capable — A MIDI input allows external access to presets and parameters.
- Motion Control — All Soundblox and Soundblox Pro pedals are ‘Hot Hand Ready' and can be used with any Hot Hand motion sensor to extend the capabilities of the unit.
- Active Analog Bypass — Bypass is fully routed around the DSP and active input ensures zero signal degradation.
- 9V DC power supply included.
- Dimensions: 7 in./17.8cm (length not including I/O jacks) x 6 in./15.25cm (width) x 2 in./5cm (height, including knobs).
- (2011-10-18) Soundblox Pro Multiwave Distortion demo, by Pete Thorn by Peter Thorn
- (2015-10-09) Source Audio Soundblox Pro Classic Distortion & Pro Multiwave Distortion im Test by musikmachenDE