The Multiwave Distortion features 21 distinctive and modern effects not found on typical distortion pedals. Based on new proprietary algorithms, these range from basic overdrive sounds to aggressive synth-like, octave heavy and extreme foldback settings that go far beyond emulations of typical “classic” distortions.
The Multiwave Distortion's unique Multi-Band mode divides the input signal into several frequency bands, which are distorted separately before being re-combined. Guitarists can play complex distorted chords and each note can be heard with absolute clarity. Several notes can feed back or drone simultaneously while a separate melody is played on top without the typical loss of volume associated with most of other types of distortion.
Soundblox Multiwave Distortion Features & Specifications:
- Diverse sound palette — featuring 21 varieties of our distortion algorithm.
- Multiband processing — signal is split into multiple bands and distorted individually for unprecedented sound clarity.
- Modern Design — a thoughtfully designed box that features rugged construction and sleek looks.
- State-of-the-art DSP — our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601 and crystal-clear 24-bit converters.
- Motion Control — all Soundblox pedals are ‘Hot Hand Ready' and can be used with any Hot Hand motion sensor to extend the capabilities of the unit.
- Active Analog Bypass — bypass is fully routed around the DSP and active input ensures zero signal degradation.
- Dimensions: 7 in./17.8cm (length not including I/O jacks) x 4 in./10.2cm (width) x 2 in./5cm (height, including knobs).
- (2007-12-09) Chuck of moe testing Multiwave Distortion by Source Audio
- (2008-10-27) Source Audio Soundblox Multiwave Distortion Demo by Tone Factor
- (2010-01-20) Reeves Gabrels Talks Multiwave Distortion by Source Audio
- (2010-02-18) NAMM '10 - Source Audio Multiwave Distortion, Multiwave Bass Distortion & Classic Distortion Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2010-06-23) Source Audio Soundblox Multi Wave Distortion guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2010-10-24) Source Audio Multiwave Distortion by effeken
- (2011-05-06) Guitar Distortion Pedal Demo - Soundblox Mulitwave Distortion by Source Audio
- (2011-07-05) Soundblox Guitar Envelope Filter and Mulitwave Distortion - TOGETHER! by Source Audio
- (2011-07-30) Guitar and Bass Distortion Pedal Demo: SA Engineers Talk About the Soundblox Multiwave Distortion by Source Audio
- (2015-04-14) PedalsAndEffects: Source Audio Stingray & Multiwave Distortion by PedalsAndEffects
- (2015-10-11) Source Audio Multiwave Distortion by The SuperFunAwesomeHappyTime Pedal Show!