The Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter is the next generation of the popular Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter. The Manta features 12 finely crafted filter effects plus eight variations of distortion, a feature not seen before in the Soundblox line of filter effects. These Distortion Types are not just crunch, or amp simulation; they are specifically designed to work in tandem with the filter effect selections. The pedal’s filters are controllable by its 2 envelope followers, or sine, square, and saw tooth LFO. Plus, like all Soundblox 2 pedals, the Manta is compatible with the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal, the Hot Hand 3 Wireless Effects Controller, or MIDI control signals via the Soundblox HUB.
The Manta features a very unique signal path, internally splitting the instrument’s dry and distorted signals. The dry signal alone controls the envelope, increasing the playing response from the filter. The pedal’s 12 filter effects include 2 and 4-pole Low-Pass, Single-Peak, Multi-Peak, and Phasers. The Distortion Types include Hard and Soft clip, Octave distortion, Fold-back, Quantized, and synth-like Gated Fuzz. Each distortion has independent gain levels adjusted by the Drive control.
Features & Specifications:
- Diverse Sound Palette — Features up to 24 different Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Single Peak, Multi-Peak, and Notch filters.
- Deep Control Set — Access to control parameters typically found in only professional rack-mount effects, or computer software.
- Drive/Distortion Type — Add a variety of gain and distortions to any of the Manta’s effects for an added boost and flavor.
- State-of-the-Art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- Multi-Function Jacks — Use the Source Audio Hot Hand motion sensors, or Dual Expression Pedal, for on-the-fly control over modulation or any adjustable parameter.
- MIDI Capable — Use the Soundblox HUB (connected to the Multi-Function Input) to allow MIDI access to controlling parameters, and save up to 128 user presets.
- Universal Bypass — Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- Compact, rugged, cast aluminum housing.
- 9V DC power supply included
- Dimensions: L: 4.5in/11.4cm x W: 4.5in/11.4cm x H: 2.25in/5.7cm (including knobs)
- (2014-01-15) Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter: Effects Pedal Demo by Source Audio
- (2014-01-25) NAMM 2014: Source Audio Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter With Hot Hand Wobble Bass (Video Demo) by sonicstate
- (2014-04-03) Source Audio Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter by Prymaxe
- (2014-04-17) How to Create Bass Wobbles with the Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter by Source Audio
- (2014-05-11) Source Audio Soundblox 2 - Manta Bass Filter by Kayzer
- (2014-06-05) Todaysgear Source Audio Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter by Today's Gear
- (2014-06-05) Todaysgear Source Audio Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter & Hot Hand by Today's Gear
- (2015-02-08) Soundblox 2 Mantra BASS Filter by Source Audio - by Joe Fazio by The Tone King
- (2015-05-20) Our friend Divinity Roxx @diviroxx sat down with Hot Hand and the Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter and in no time found some killer filter effects. Can't wait to hear what else she finds! by Source Audio
- (2015-09-15) Scary music from scary Nathan. He's using the Manta Bass Filter and the Dimension Reverb - a scary combination. @nathan_navarro_ by Source Audio
- (2015-12-17) The incredible, Felix Martin, stopped by headquarters to check out some pedals for his upcoming album. Here is Felix's take on the Nemesis Delay, followed by some monstrous sounds from the Manta Bass Filter. by Source Audio
- (2016-09-07) Mmmmmmm... That is a sweet & funky groove courtesy of @arashsaeediofficial and the Soundblox 2 Manta Bass Filter. #sourceaudio #bassguitar #basseffects #envelopefilter #mantabassfilter #soundblox #funkybass #stompbox #pedalboard #musicstore #fenderb by Source Audio