The Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller expands significantly on the breakthrough technology of the original Hot Hand, broadening its compatibility to include non-Source Audio pedals. A 3-axis accelerometer translates motion into a dynamic and precise expression signal, which can be applied to a range of effect parameters, including filter sweeps, drive levels, modulation, and wet/dry mixes. The lightweight and wireless ring is capable of transmitting over 100 feet and fits comfortably on the hand, foot, or instrument headstock.
Hot Hand 3 connects to all Soundblox®, Soundblox 2, Soundblox Pro, and Hot Hand pedals via the 1/8” SENSOR OUTPUT. The receiver base station also features a standard 1/4” EXPRESSION OUTPUT compatible with most third-party pedals equipped with a 1/4” expression input, such as the Boss PS-5 Pitch Shifter, Eventide Space Reverb, Line 6 DL4, and many more.
The system consists of a wireless sensor ring, ring charger/DC power supply, receiver base station, and sensor cable. The ring is powered by a rechargeable/replaceable lithium ion battery, with an average operation time of 6 hours between charges.
Features & Specifications:
- Compatible with all Soundblox, Soundblox 2, Soundblox Pro, and Hot Hand pedals.
- Works with most third-party effects equipped with a 1/4” expression input. DIP switches facilitate third-party effect configuration.
- Select between 3 different motion axes (X, Y, and Z).
- RF transmitter capable of transmitting over 100 feet.
- Rechargeable/replaceable lithium ion battery.
- 1/8” SENSOR OUTPUT and ¼” EXPRESSION OUTPUT.
- DEPTH and SMOOTHING controls adjust effect amount and ring sensitivity.
- All components are compatible with the original Hot Hand Wireless Adapter.
- Use up to 4 separate Hot Hand units simultaneously with no interference
- License free for worldwide wireless usage (ISM band).
Source Audio (press release)
Introducing the Next Generation Hot Hand® 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller by Source Audio
September 5, 2012, Woburn, MA- The award winning motion-sensing technology that marked an evolution in effects pedal design is getting a serious upgrade. The new model expands significantly on the breakthrough technology of the original Hot Hand, broadening its compatibility to include non-Source Audio pedals and adding another axis of control.
Hot Hand 3's receiver base station features a standard 1/4" Expression output compatible with such pedal brands as Boss, Electro-Harmonix, Line 6, Pigtronix, Eventide and many, many more.
"We were upgrading the wireless Hot Hand system to add a number of features and functions while keeping it simple to use and improving the robustness of the mechanical design.," says Jesse Remignanti, Vice President of Engineering at Source Audio. "We had many requests from customers over the years looking for a simple way to use the Hot Hand with third-party effects. The Hot Hand 3 answers that request allowing for seamless connection to a wide variety of processors and pedals from other manufacturers in addition to all of our Soundblox and Hot Hand effects."
A 3-axis accelerometer translates motion into a dynamic and precise expression signal, which can be applied to a range of effect parameters, including filter sweeps, drive levels, modulation, and wet/dry mixes. The lightweight and wireless ring is capable of transmitting over 100 feet and fits comfortably on the hand, foot, or instrument headstock.
The Hot Hand user-base has grown significantly over the past year following the viral success of bassist Nathan Navarro and his band, Pinn Panelle. Their video, a cover of Skrillex, aligned the Hot Hand and Source Audio effects with the ubiquitous 'bass wobble' heard commonly in electronica and dubstep. When asked what inspired him to incorporate the Hot Hand into his toolkit, Navarro says, "The Hot Hand 3 takes contemporary instrumentalists to the next level of expression and control in real-time sound design."
MSRP for the Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller is $209 (street: $149). It is available now.
- (2012-09-05) Using the Hot Hand 3 with Boss, Line 6, Electro-Harmonix, Pigtronix, and more by Source Audio
- (2012-10-06) Muse - Madness cover - Source Audio Hot Hand 3 by accordoTV
- (2012-12-06) Inside Source Audio: Designing the Hot Hand Universal Effects Controller by Source Audio
- (2013-01-28) NAMM SHOW 2013 - Hot Hand 3 USB by accordoTV
- (2013-02-04) Source Audio Hot Hand 3 by gaedp86
- (2014-04-30) How To Connect and Assign Hot Hand 3 To All Soundblox 2 Pedals by Source Audio
- (2014-06-17) Using Hot Hand 3 from Source Audio with the Line 6 M5 by Source Audio