DrVa is a hard-clipping overdrive + MOSFET clean boost pedal. It is the first effects pedal developed by Ozum Itez and Hazar Mutgan of the psychedelic rock band Hayvanlar Alemi, and the first item available from their Stockholm-based pedal company.
- Hard clipping overdrive + MOSFET clean boost
- Custom tone circuit incorporating 18 different voicings
- True bypass o Small size enclosure: 119,5 X 94 mm (4,705 X 3,701 inches)
- Runs on 9V DC power 100mA (center pin: negative)
- No battery compartment
(Dr) is a simple drive that celebrates the harmonic structure of your sound and maintains an airy open tone. NE5534 op-amp provides a low-noise, high-performance amplification with a wide bandwidth.
(Va) is a MOSFET clean boost seasoned with a modern interpretation of the Varitone tone circuit. It doesnâ€™t make your sound dark, makes it a tad beefier; it doesnâ€™t make your sound trebly, makes it punchier, easier to cut through. The effect is not dramatic; it is efficient and subtle. The combination of Varitone and MOSFET boost, both sparkles and compresses the frequency range of your guitar to your liking, in 18 different ways.
We love DrVa as an always-on pedal.
- (2017-01-31) DrVa, on Subjugation and Demarkation of Resonant Follies by SoundBrut
- (2017-01-31) DrVa, a Deeper Understanding of High Gain Landscapes by SoundBrut
- (2017-02-02) DrVa, hard clipping overdrive + MOSFET clean boost by SoundBrut
- (2017-03-01) SoundBrut introduces DrVa overdrive + boost by SoundBrut
- (2017-05-25) SoundBrut DrVa Overdrive / Boost by Mike Hermans
- (2017-02-14) High gain + high boost + airy tone by SoundBrut
- (2017-02-14) High gain + moderate boost by SoundBrut
- (2017-02-14) Low boost + sparkly tone by SoundBrut
- (2017-02-14) Fuzzy gain + moderate boost + sparkly tone by SoundBrut
- (2017-02-14) High gain + high boost + woody tone by SoundBrut
- (2018-01-03) Clip 1 (SoundBrut DrVa Review) by Premier Guitar
- (2018-01-03) Clip 2 (SoundBrut DrVa Review) by Premier Guitar
1 review, average score of
|2017-02-19||wiendahl||10/10||Got this because I needed a drive/boost pedal. Have had plenty of drive pedals in the past but whenever you throw boost in the mix you have||to expect some extra noise. This pedal is nice and quiet but has an incredible amount of boost on hand. Step through the varitone choices|