The Wahoo™ is a dual analogue filter stomp box where each filter can be configured as low-pass or band-pass and operate independently in wah pedal, envelope, LFO, and pitch-tracking modes. The warm-sounding fully analogue signal path is digitally controlled for precision, configurability and adaptability. Whether you want to recreate the character of vintage wah/filter pedals or break new sonic barriers, the Wahoo™ can do it for you.
Warm Organic Tone
By using an analogue filter topology based on vintage synthesizer filters, the Wahoo™ generates a warm tone with an organic feel. Something that’s not possible using digital effects.
A drive control lets you gently overdrive the filters to increase the warmth or crank it up to get fuzz-wah tones.
Packed with innovations, the Wahoo™ lets you invent new sounds.
- Unique patent-pending pedal sensor for super-fine precision control that will never wear out.
- Transparent-True-Bypass giving all the benefits of true-bypass without the switching noise.
- Dual-filter design allows enhanced sonic possibilities that have more depth and are more vocal-sounding than most other filter pedals.
- Sonuus pitch-tracking technology provides novel pitch-tracking filter effects.
- Response curves let you tailor the feel of the filter response.
The filters have a wide frequency range of 10 Hz – 4 kHz, and wide resonance range from flat to self-oscillation. Moreover, resonance is not fixed, but can be varied dynamically so it can track the cutoff frequency to further expand your creative possibilities. Combining this with drive, response curves and variable envelope filter attack/decay allows you to replicate the sonic character of many vintage and modern wah/filter pedals.
It’s simple to tweak settings on the carefully designed control panel. Once you have created what you want, you can save it to one of 99 internal presets.
As well as being ideal at home or in the studio, Wahoo™ has special features that make it perfect on stage. The sturdy, lightweight aluminium chassis, paired with modern robust electronic design ensures that the Wahoo™ will stand up to the demands of the toughest gigs. The large bright display is readable outdoors but can also be dimmed when required in low-light environments.
A lock switch ensures that settings cannot be changed accidentally in the heat of a performance, but still allows you to select which preset to use. Foot-operated selection of presets lets you access what you need with minimum hassle.
Powered by 9VDC, 4xAA batteries or USB, and with modern-yet-retro styling, you can be sure Wahoo™ will fit into your rig.
Unique patent-pending pedal sensor
Most wah pedals operate using a potentiometer (a pot) which wears out quickly resulting in the effect becoming scratchy. These also have mechanical couplings which limit fine control and let dirt inside the unit, so compromising reliability.
Some other wah pedals use optical methods which are susceptible to dirt, and these also have mechanical couplings.
For the Wahoo™, we designed a brand new type of position sensor that allows super-fine precision control with no mechanical couplings. As a result, the pedal control on the Wahoo™ won’t get scratchy and will never wear out!
True-bypass means that the effect is completely switched out of your signal chain when bypassed to preserve the integrity of your guitar/bass signal. This is typically done by mechanical switches but these cause clicks or pops when switching.
For the Wahoo™, we designed a silent-switching true-bypass circuit so you get the benefits of true-bypass without the associated switching noise. What’s more: if the power to Wahoo™ is interrupted, the unit will automatically switch back to the bypassed state so you don’t lose your signal.
A USB connection lets you connect Wahoo™ to a computer where the Desktop Editor Software allows deeper preset editing and manipulation. USB-MIDI can be used to sync internal LFOs and to automate the filter parameters. You can also configure the expression pedal and control panel to send MIDI controller messages to drive software instruments and effects.
Future-Proof (Upgradeable Firmware)
To support new features and to make it futureproof, the firmware (internal software) of the Wahoo™ can be upgraded. This means you can invest with confidence in the Wahoo™.
- Warm organic analogue tone.
- Dual-filter design.
- Digitally controlled with 99 presets.
- Patent-pending pedal sensor that will never wear out.
- Transparent-True-Bypass switching.
- Wah pedal, envelope, LFO and Pitch-tracking filter modes.
- Future-proof upgradeable firmware.
- 9 vdc, 4xAA batteries, USB-powered.
- (2012-01-23) Sonuus Wahoo by Harmony-Central
- (2012-01-26) Sonuus Wahoo Bass Demo Winter NAMM 2012 by Sonuus
- (2012-01-27) Dan Sindel Introduces the Sonuus Wahoo by Sonuus
- (2012-02-03) Introducing Sonuus Wahoo by Sonuus
- (2012-03-08) NAMM '12 Sonuus Wahoo Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2012-10-23) Sonuus Wahoo Guitar Pedal Review - Featured In Guitar Interactive Magazine Issue 13 by iguitarmag
- (2012-10-31) Sonuus Wahoo - Dual Filter Pedal - Amped Review by sonicstate
- (2013-02-04) Sonuus Wahoo -- the ultimate filter pedal by Sonuus
- (2013-04-26) Sonuus Wahoo with Anders Mouridsen by Sonuus
- (2013-06-03) Sonuus Wahoo? Dual-Filter/Wah Demo (Colin Smith Alright Reviews) by Alright Reviews
- (2013-11-28) Sonuus WAHOO multi function wah meets filter and beyond! guitar pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2014-01-06) Sonuus Wahoo Quick Start Guide by Sonuus
- (2014-01-30) Michael G Clark - you need a Sonuus Wahoo by Sonuus
- (2014-02-08) Brent Paschke and the Sonuus Wahoo by Sonuus
- (2014-03-28) Sonuus Wahoo Editor - Live broadcast on NuMuBu by Sonuus
- (2014-08-05) Sonuus Wahoo Preset Selection by Foot by Sonuus
- (2014-08-09) Sonuus Wahoo Demo Mode by Sonuus
- (2015-07-21) sonuus Voluum and sonuus Wahoo Effects Pedal Review by Sweetwater by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-10-28) Fixing a wah-wah pot: the Sonuus InfiniQ sensor by Sonuus
- (2015-12-11) Sonuus WAHOO - The Ultimate Filter Pedal by Pedals Fusion
- (2016-02-22) Mike Campese - Raise the Bow with Sonuus Wahoo by Sonuus
- (2016-10-07) Setlists on the Sonuus Voluum and Wahoo - perfect for gigging by Sonuus
- (2012-01-11) New Sonuus Wahoo Product Demo 1 by Sonuus
- (2012-01-14) New Sonuus Wahoo Product Demo 2 by Sonuus
- (2013-03-05) Sonuus Wahoo - Les Paul with bridge pickup, effect mix dialed down to 35% by Premier Guitar
- (2013-03-05) Sonuus Wahoo - Les Paul with neck pickup, Russian Big Muff clone by Premier Guitar
- (2015-09-24) WahooPitchTrackRiff by Sonuus