True Strobe Display
Easy to read display instantly shows the slightest difference in pitch of the note played from the indicated note. The ring of LEDs is a true stroboscope, driven directly by the analog input signal and a precision internal frequency reference. This gives zero latency and instantly shows the slightest tuning error.
True Bypass / Muted Output
The output of the ST-200 is muted when the tuner is on, and when off the input signal is passed directly to the output. It is completely disconnected from all internal circuitry and the tuner puts zero load on the signal.
The internal timing generator is calibrated at the factory to maintain a precision of ±.02 cents.
Permits tuning to any of the 12 notes from C0 to C8, in any temperament.
Open Tuning Modes
Tunes to preset or user defined tunings. In this mode the tuner only recognizes notes that are defined for the specified tuning. The tuner comes with a number of pre-defined tunings for stringed instruments. These can be edited by the user.
Power On Restore
The ST-200 remembers the settings for mode, drop tuning and A4 changes. No battery is necessary.
Lowers all pitches up to six semitones.
Reference Pitch Change
By default, the tuner uses A4=440Hz as the reference pitch. This can be changed in increments of .1Hz, over the range of 300.0 Hz to 599.9 Hz.
The ST-200 can operate in the equal temperament or any 12 note temperament the user desires. The ST-200 can store a total of 5 different temperaments, in addition to the equal temperament.
Battery or External 9 Volt Operation
The Turbo Tuner ST-200 can operate for 12 hours continuous from a standard alkaline battery. This is enough for about 1,000 tune ups. It also works with any 9 Volt adapter designed for stomp boxes.
Low Battery Indication
When there is about a half an hour of battery life remaining, a low battery warning is shown on the note display every 2 minutes.
- (2007-12-20) Tap Tuning A Guitar Top with the Turbo Tuner by Sonic Research
- (2008-07-26) Turbo Tuner Demo Video by OlerAudio
- (2008-07-26) Turbo Tuner ST-200 Demo by Sonic Research
- (2009-12-12) Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200 by Toy Love
- (2010-03-22) ??????Sonic Research ST-200 Strobe Tuner Stomp Box ????????? by Chuya Online
- (2010-07-24) Sonic Research Turbo Tuner review by Cameron Johnson
- (2012-06-01) Turbo Tuner ST-200 Demo by Sonic Research
- (2012-06-02) PolyTune Mini vs. Turbo Tuner by Crxshdxmmy