Cut through the mix with this Serendipity overdrive pedal. Inspired by the Zendrive type overdrive tones, the Serendipity delivers blues, country, jazz and fusion tones. This preamp tone is associated with some of the finest, most costly amplifiers in the market. Four knobs control the overall volume, gain, tone and voicing of the pedal. At lower settings, the pedal offers extremely light overdrive sounds reminiscent of tube amps set near the "sweet spot." At higher settings, the Serendipity drive pedal increases the gain and sustain. This is not a high gain pedal but surely has a MOJO to it for producing a chewy high fidelity overdrive and crosses into the territory of light distortion.
A switch is added to flip modes between LED and BAT41 diode clipping. LED clipping produces a warmer tube like tone at a slightly lower output level but with more gain. Diode clipping produces an overdrive which is extremely similar to the Zendrive. The standard Op amp is the Analog Devices AD712. Op amp can also be swapped as I install a socket for it. Each pedal is hand assembled by me in the USA using only the highest quality components, with a very high attention to detail.
- Volume, Drive, Tone and Voice controls
- Bright blue LED
- Smooth, round, balanced, low-to-medium gain overdrive
- Slight overdrive to mild distortion
- Great dynamic response and open sound
- Connectors: Input, Output, DC adapter
- Power Supply: 9V battery operation or DC adapter
- Switch positions: Normal and Warm
- Unfinished enclosure with laminated faceplate, no worries about paint chips.