The Horizon is a retro style optical compressor designed to deliver silky smooth compression with a blossoming release. An optical compressor relies on a photocell and LED or light source to control the dynamic range of the input signal. As the input signal increases the intensity of the LED, the photocell decreases gain thus creating compression. As the level of the input signal decreases, the gain of the amplifier stage is increased creating a sustaining effect.
The Horizon uses a buffered JFET input, low noise transistors and IC, and a selected optocoupler to deliver everything from subtle compression to heavy squash. Perfect for both guitar and bass applications, the Horizon can be used to add subtle body or blooming sustain all while maintaining a natural treble response that ensures a lively present guitar or bass tone with excellent transparency.
- (2015-09-25) SolidGoldFX Horizon Compressor feat. R.J. Ronquillo by Solid Gold Sound Labs
- (2015-09-30) SolidGoldFX Horizon Compressor Bass Demo feat Ben Wright by Solid Gold Sound Labs
- (2015-10-18) SolidGoldFx Horizon Compressor by JustNickMusic
- (2015-11-06) SolidGoldFX Horizon Compressor by Mike Hermans
- (2017-09-15) SolidGoldFX Horizon Compressor with Sean Gibson of The Noise Reel DEMO by Sean Gibson
- (2016-06-15) SolidGoldFX Horizon Compressor Review by Premier Guitar
- (2017-09-19) SolidGoldFX - Horizon Compressor DEMO with Sean Gibson of The Noise Reel by The Noise Reel