Smoking Heart Designs Ras-G
Smoking Heart Designs
This is the Smoking Heart Designs RAS-G RANDOM SLICER-GLITCH pedal. This is a slicer/signal interrupter with two cycles, each with variable rate. They are used together to open and close a gate which passes the audio signal. You can go from slow (about 2Hz) to a very fast speed that sounds like a very high speed vibrato pedal. The advantage of having two cycles interfering with each other is the possibility of creating slices of unequal time and patterns that are far more interesting than a regular killswitch type pedal with a constant rate. In addition, there is an XTRA button, a momentary switch that adds an extra randomness to the already somewhat chaotic slice pattern.
- Makes the killswitch sound that's popular today, automatically
- Ability to add randomness by simply stepping on the XTRA button
- Works great for processing loops or synthy sounds
- Very sturdy metal enclosure
- Hand wired and tested
- Made in USA
- Signal path is entirely analog
- Uses the most common 9V power supply (negative terminal) found on pedalboards
- Simple to use and understand
- Wide variety of sounds/slicing rates available
This can really affect a guitar signal, clean or distorted. It can kill the beat of a drum machine, basically getting rid of anything resembling a pulse. It can be used for looping to great effect, the loop pedal being placed before or after this pedal in the signal chain. Works great with synthy sounds, sequenced sounds, anything repetitive.