The SMITTYDRIVER is a clone of the COLORSOUND OVERDRIVER.
The OVERDRIVER is a Boost/Overdrive/Distortion/Fuzz pedal that works great with tube amps. David Gilmour used the Overdriver on Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Have A Cigar, Pigs and many other late 70s Pink Floyd songs. Also used on the 1977 Pink Floyd tour.
This SMITTYDRIVER is an exact copy of the circuit used in the original Overdriver. Built from the original 1971 Sola Sound (Colorsound) Overdriver schematic and using BC109 Transistors as specified in the schematic.
Due to popular demand I have now added a master volume to the side of the pedal as used on the later Colorsound reissues of the Overdriver & Power Boost. This makes the pedal more user friendly at higher drive settings where it can get very loud.
- Hand-wired, point-to-point circuit board.
- Beautiful Black Cherry Hammered finish with Candy Red Lettering.
- Lettering hand painted by Kimberly Smith.
- True Bypass
Just like all of the Colorsound versions of the Overdriver this pedal is battery power only.
- Colorsound Power Boost
- Colorsound Overdriver (same as Power Boost)
- Colorsound Power Boost (Castledine Reissue)
- Absolutely Analog Fist
- Balls Powerful Booster
- Black Arts Toneworks Black Forest
- Buffalo FX 18V Power Booster
- Electronic Orange Banana Boost - Vintage Power-Booster Clone
- GeekMacDaddy Geek Driver
- Gunn Overdriver (old copy from New Zealand)
- Hiwatt Power Boost
- Little Lord Electronics The Hairy Arsehole
- Manlay Sound Pro Boost
- Monsterpiece Fuzz C.O.D.
- Myrtle Pedals Uberdriver
- Paul Trombetta CSO
- Paul Trombetta Kush Overdrive
- Plan-9 Power Driver Si
- Prescription Electronics Rx Overdriver
- Razorback Pedals P.B. Black
- Stephen Douglas Design White Knight
- ThroBak Overdrive Boost
- Vick Audio Overdriver
- VintageFX Colordrive
- VintageFX Colordrive-2