The new Smitty Pedals MAELSTROM FUZZ is based on the Maestro FZ-1A Fuzz-Tone. My version uses modern high quality components and is modified so it runs on a 9V battery instead of the single AA battery that the original used.
As with the original FUZZ-TONE the best way to use this pedal is to crank both the volume and attack up to 10 and adjust the fuzz level with your guitar's volume knob.
- ATTACK Pot - bias for the second transistor and basically adjusts how quickly the fuzz gates.
- VOLUME - Adjusts the overall volume of the pedal.
- Features a matched set of 3 PNP Germanium 2N404A Transistors.
- Alpha pots and switch.
- Hand-wired, point-to-point circuit board.
- True Bypass Switching
- Maestro FZ-1 Fuzz-Tone
- Sekova Model No. 59 Distortion Box (2 different circuit versions)
- G.M. Electronics FM-3A Fuzz Up
- G.M. Electronics FM-3B Fuzz Up
- Creepy Fingers Fuzz Nugget
- Del Rey Custom Shop Fuzz King '62
- Del Rey Custom Shop Fuzz King '65
- Electro-Harmonix Satisfaction Fuzz
- Ghost Effects FZ-1 Fuzz-Tone
- Jerms FZ-1
- Jerms FZ-1A
- North Effects The Primitive
- Plan-9 Fuzz Stone Ge
- Skreddy Pedals Bloody Knuckle
- Vectra Maestro FZ-1A Fuzz-Tone
- Maestro FZ-2 Fuzz-Tone