The first Skreddy Pedal designed specifically for humbucking pickups Versatile clean boost, overdrive, and light fuzz.
Skreddy Pedals™ Hybrid Fuzz Driver combines the best aspects of our popular Screw Driver and Lunar Module pedals into a format optimized for humbucking pickups. To counteract the tendency of some humbuckers towards muddiness, the HFD keeps low frequencies from over-saturating.
- Headroom, openness, and clarity are all increased! You will hear the TONE OF YOUR GUITAR, with its natural eq and attack, coming through--not a fuzz tone superimposed upon it; no thinning out or muddying up, and no excess compression or congested feel.
- Guitar volume clean-up is superb! No change in tone as you roll off your volume--it just cleans up gradually and predictably.
- The pre-gain control has been converted to a mid boost
- The output volume is increased to match unity gain of high-output pickups more easily
- The tightness control is mild and well-balanced, with no excess bass boosting at counter-clock-wise but just low-mids, for a denser, thicker tone. And of course extra tight jangliness--but still not too thin--at clock-wise. Neutral eq is generally around noon.
Features 9v battery clip (no battery included), DC adapter jack, LED on/off indicator, and of course true bypass switching.
A synthesis of clean boost, overdrive, and fuzz
One of the most touch-sensitive pedals ever, now optimized for humbuckers, this unique Skreddy Pedals design features a BC109C silicon input stage followed by a highly modified, tightly-controlled, hybrid fuzz circuit. (The term "hybrid fuzz" refers to a silicon transistor driving a germanium transistor).
If you're looking for a "creamy" overdrive, this isn't for you. The HFD is raw and aggressive, with very articulate string definition.
If you're looking for a straight-up "fuzz," compressed and over the top, please know this is more cranked-amp-like than fuzz-like. It does get fuzzy with humbuckers, but not too much. And with single coils, it doesn't break out of the SRV zone--never buzz-saw-ish.
- The Tightness control dials in the amount of bass going into the distortion section, to tighten up your sound or allow its natural fatness to come through.
- The Fuzz knob controls the tamed-down hybrid fuzz section (old-school silicon into germanium) and takes you from clean through touch-sensitive overdrive all the way to light but sustaining fuzz.
- The Presence control lets you get a lot more brilliance and bite or make it darker and smoother, to suit your amp and taste.
- The Mid Boost control sets the gain of the oldschool silicon input stage, and is set to boost mids rather than full range boost. Gives you more aggression and compression but not more wooliness and bass. Almost cocked-wah sounds at max!
- The Volume control is set up so that high-output pickups should achieve unity gain at about noon.
- (2013-04-16) Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver, Lunar Module Dlx and Echo by PerFusionist80
- (2013-04-30) Skreddy Hybrid Fuzzdriver [Hiwatt & Vintage Fender] by GregsGuitarLessons
- (2013-06-27) Skreddy Pedals Hybrid Fuzz Driver by Tone Factor
- (2013-07-07) Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver by simplexiammine
- (2013-10-02) Skreddy Pedals HYBRID FUZZ DRIVER guitar pedal demo with Les Paul by Gearmanndude
- (2014-07-15) Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver by Sam Vilo
- (2014-10-08) The Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver Demo by GuitarPlayer
- (2014-10-09) Bobby D jams on the Skreddy Swirl, Echo, and Hybrid Fuzz Driver by Bobby DeVito
- (2014-11-06) Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver by MusicToyz