The Vapor Trail is a true analog delay pedal using the famed Bucket Brigade Devices (BBDs), giving the pedal an authentic, vintage sound with warmth, fullness and depth, but with an immense clarity that keeps it from getting lost in the mix. Responsive modulation controls add shimmer and movement to your delay tone - with the Rate and Depth controls mounted right on the top panel so you can easily adjust them even in a live setting.
A TRS insert jack allows you to add effects to the wet signal (loop the wet delay sound through a flanger, chorus, or other type of effect). You can also use this jack to output a wet-only signal for parallel effect loops or multi-amp setups, or you can plug in any standard volume-type pedal, crank the Mix knob to full, and vary the amount of wet signal from none to full-wet using the pedal. At maximum Wet setting, the first echo is actually 3dB louder than the dry signal.
To round out the special features on this unit, we've made the Delay knob translucent with a cool blue LED that flashes to give you visual feedback on the delay time you have selected - especially handy when you're playing live!
Designed and assembled in Santa Barbara, California.
Type of Circuitry: Analog Bucket Brigade Devices (BBDs) supported by modern low-noise analog electronics. No microprocessors or digital signal processors.
Bypass: True bypass
Delay Range: 15ms to 600ms. Actual delay time indicated by flash rate of illuminated delay time knob.
Dry Gain: 1dB fixed
Wet Gain: Adjustable from muted to +3dB. At the highest blend settings, the first echo is actually louder than the dry signal.
Repeat Control Range: One repeat to runaway repeats
Modulation Rate Range: 0.2Hz to 4 Hz
Modulation Depth Range: Zero to "over the top"
Auxiliary Functions: Wet channel insert loop, allows external effects to be applied to only the wet signal. Also serves as a wet-only output for wet/dry stereo or studio use.
Dry Frequency Response: <-1dB @ 10 Hz and 100 kHz
Dry Distortion: 0.002% at 250 Hz, 1V RMS output
Dry Noise Floor: -100dBv at output, 400Hz to 20kHz with input unplugged
Wet Noise Floor: -90dBV at output, 400Hz to 20kHz
Input Impedance: 1 Meg (active); open (bypassed)
Output Impedance: 1K ohm
Power: Internal 9V battery or external 9V-18V regulated power supply.
Current Consumption: 11mA typical
Dimensions: Chassis size 2.61" x 4.90" x 1.45" (W x L x H)
Weight: 0.8lb. without battery
- (2014-02-19) Lemmy Pickup | Jason Becker Pickup | Dirty Deed Pedal, Vapor Trail Delay Pedal Seymour Duncan by iguitarmag
- (2014-02-26) Vapor Trail Analog Delay by Seymour Duncan
- (2014-02-26) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Analog Delay by guitarworld
- (2014-03-14) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Review - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2014-06-13) Seymour Duncan VAPOR TRAIL parte 1 by arielpozzo
- (2014-06-13) Seymour Duncan VAPOR TRAIL parte 2 by arielpozzo
- (2014-07-03) Vapor Trail - Seymour Duncan by GuitarGearComMx
- (2014-07-10) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Analog Delay by PixxyLixxx
- (2014-08-22) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Analog Delay Pedal by guitarworld
- (2014-09-15) Review Demo - Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail by Premier Guitar
- (2014-11-05) What's your favorite recorded example of delay? The Vapor Trail Analog Delay gives you everything from a lush warm analog delay all the way to crazy town. More info and demos here: http://bit.ly/VaporTrailSD by Seymour Duncan
- (2014-11-15) Which of these pedals most intrigues you? This video shows the Dirty Deed, Vapor Trail, 805 Overdrive and Pickup Booster being used together. Each is true-bypass, 100% analog and assembled at the Seymour Duncan Factory. More info here: http://bit.ly/1n0 by Seymour Duncan
- (2014-12-27) Has any particular player influenced your use of delay? Here's a video of Marta Witiw rocking the Vapor Trail analog delay pedal, which gives you true analog delay with top-mounted modulation depth and rate controls, plus a TRS loop jack for controlling by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-01-21) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail - Analog Delay Demo. by Pedal Tank
- (2015-02-12) What's more your style - warm analog delay or crystal-clear digital? Here's Jack Thammarat demoing the Vapor Trail Analog Delay in a few different musical settings. We always look forward to 'New Video From Jack' day and you'll hear why! More info on th by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-03-25) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Analog Delay by shnobel
- (2015-03-26) Moog MF104M Super Delay vs Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail by shnobel
- (2015-03-26) EHX Deluxe Memory Man TT vs Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail by shnobel
- (2015-03-26) EHX Deluxe Memory Boy vs Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail by shnobel
- (2015-03-26) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail vs MXR Carbon Copy by shnobel
- (2015-04-14) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail vs EHX Deluxe Memory Man by shnobel
- (2015-05-17) Vapor Trail: TRS Insert by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-06-14) Which do you prefer: analog or digital delay? Or are you a 'why not both?' player? Here's a video showcasing the TRS Insert feature of our Vapor Trail Analog Delay, which lets you use a volume pedal to control the repeat volume or to use other effects pe by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-07-08) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Analog Delay Pedal Review by Don Carr by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-07-13) Seymour Duncan VAPOR TRAIL analog delay demo with GJ2 Glendora by Gearmanndude
- (2015-07-24) Where do you place delay in your signal chain? Effects loop? Through the amp's front end after a drive pedal? Here's Jack Thammarat demoing the Vapor Trail analog delay. More info on the Vapor Trail here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/pedals/vapor_trail_a by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-07-28) Do you have certain pedals that seem to really work well when used together? Here's what happens when you use the Insert jack of the Vapor Trail Analog Delay to process the repeats through external effects while leaving the dry sound unchanged. by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-07-28) Vapor Trail Acoustic by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-07-30) Do you tend to get all your delay from one unit or do you have different delays for different uses? Here's a video by Sweetwater of our Vapor Trail Analog Delay. More info here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VaporTrail by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-08-02) Do you like to use effects with acoustic guitar or do you keep it clean? Here's Steve Booke Composer/Guitarist demoing the Vapor Trail Analog Delay. More info on the Vapor Trail here: http://bit.ly/1j0cyxe by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-08-17) Vapor Trail Analog Delay: NOK NOVUM by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-08-18) Which players have influenced your use of delay? Here's Gearmanndude demoing our Vapor Trail Analog Delay pedal. More info on the Vapor Trail here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/pedals/vapor_trail_analog_delay/ by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-09-29) For those who use delay pedals, where do you place it in your signal chain? Are you an 'everything into the front end of a clean amp' player? And effects looper? Before or after reverb? Here's NOK NOVUM demonstrating our Vapor Trail Analog Delay. by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-10-26) Acoustic Analog Delay by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-10-29) Have you ever tried using effects pedals with an acoustic guitar? Here's our friend Don Alder demonstrating our Vapor Trail analog delay with acoustic guitar. More info on which of our pedals are particularly acoustic-friendly here: http://www.seymourdu by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-11-04) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Delay Pedal | Review by iguitarmag
- (2015-11-12) 805 Overdrive & Vapor Trail: Metal Demo by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-11-18) What are your favorite guitars for metal? Here's a demo by Travis Montgomery featuring our 805 Overdrive and Vapor Trail Analog Delay in a metal context, using an Aristides Instruments. Vapor Trail: http://www.seymourduncan.com/pedal/vapor-trail-anal by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-12-07) What features do you look for in a delay pedal? Do you like them simple, complex or somewhere in between? Here's our Vapor Trail Analog Delay, which includes a modulation effect as well as a TRS insert jack which lets you add effects to the repeats or se by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-01-08) TC Electronic Alter Ego X4 vs Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail by shnobel
- (2016-04-28) Seymour Duncan - Dave Baker Jams Through Vise Grip, Pickup Booster, and Vapor Trail Pedals by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-05-15) Seymour Duncan ??? Vapor Trail by BuzzbeeTV
- (2016-05-16) What pedal is next on your wishlist? Here's our Vapor Trail analog delay demoed by the fine folks from NOK NOVUM. by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-05-16) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Analog Delay by reverbmarket
- (2016-08-11) The Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail pickup demo is played on a Schecter California Vintage Series TRADITIONAL STANDARD MAPLE in LAKE PLACID BLUE CHECK THE COMMENTS FOR LINKS TO THE TRADITIONAL AND THE VAPOR TRAIL Schecter Diamond Vintage Single Coil SSS Set by Schecter
- (2016-08-25) Duncan Video Shorts - Vapor Trail Delay Pedal, Rock by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-09-23) A little rockabilly-esque Gretsch Guitars noodling with Duncan Dyno pickups and a Vapor Trail Analog Delay. by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-10-07) Designed in California. Made in the USA. The Vapor Trail Analog Delay gives you 15-600ms of true analog delay time, flashing LED time readout, modulation with rate and depth controls plus an insert jack that lets you send the wet signal through other effe by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-12-08) Seymour Duncan - Vapor Trail Delay Pedal (USA Made Version) by Seymour Duncan
- (2017-01-11) Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Analog Delay by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2017-01-26) The Vapor Trail is a true analog delay that won?t leave your tone or wallet in shambles. http://proguitarshop.com/seymour-duncan-pedals-vapor-trail.html by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2017-05-07) Seymour playing some sweet licks on the Seymour Duncan PowerStage 700, Vapor Trail, and Pickup Booster at the Dallas International Guitar Festival 2017. George Lynch also drops in to say hello and tell a few stories! by Seymour Duncan