Seymour Duncan (announcement)
Introducing La Super Rica!
The super-rich Fuzz with unapologetically awesome tone and feel.
Love the sound of fuzz pedals, but hate the way they can disappear in the mix?
La Super Rica means â€œsuper richâ€, and this silicon fuzz is just that. Inspired by our love of iconic fuzz sounds â€“ from classic rock to stoner metal, La Super Rica builds on a classic circuit by adding parametric mid-range controls and a three-way voicing switch for maximum versatility. Hear the sound for yourself here!
The result is a super rich fuzz pedal that is as versatile as it is toneful â€“ capable of reproducing the iconic sounds that inspired it, as well as a surprising array of other fuzz tones â€“ from blues and psychedelic rock to desert rock and stoner metal. How you use it is up to you.
- Classic Silicon Fuzz Sounds.
- Semi-Parametric (sweepable) mid-range Control.
- Voicing switch for different applications/tones.
- Low noise, true bypass, runs on standard 9v power supplies.
La Super Rica means “super rich”, and this silicon fuzz is just that. Inspired by iconic fuzz sounds, we built on the classic with a parametric midrange for maximum versatility.
We started with our favorite silicon fuzz circuit – you know, the one used by all your favorite guitar players from the sixties and seventies – and set out to see if we could improve on the classic. First we brought it up to modern standards by adding a true-bypass switch, an LED and a standard 9v power connection. We also bumped up the overall volume of the pedal so that it would be easier to match levels with your amp and added a low-contour voicing switch with three settings – so whether you’re using single coils, humbuckers, or even a bass, La Super Rica can keep up.
We could have stopped there, but we weren’t satisfied yet. What we wanted most was the ability to shape how La Super Rica sits in a mix. Many fuzz pedals don’t allow you to shape the mid-range, resulting in either a scooped sound that gets lost when you add bass and drums to the equation, or unpleasant frequencies that can lead to ear fatigue. So, after some pondering, we added a parametric mid-range control so you can dial in as much (or as little) of exactly the right frequency to fit your mix.
The result is a super rich fuzz pedal that is as versatile as it is toneful – capable of reproducing the iconic sounds that inspired it, as well as a surprising array of other fuzz tones – from blues and psychedelic rock to desert rock and stoner metal. How you use it is up to you.
Designed and made in the USA, La Super Rica continues our legacy of attention to detail and quality.
- Type of circuitry: Discrete compound transistor front end with semi-parametric mid control
- Bypass: True hard-wire bypass
- Control Functionality:
- Mid – Adjusts level of mid band selected by frequency control by +/-10 dBB
- Frequency – Sets frequency of mid control from 548 Hz to 2.2 kHz
- Level – Adjusts output level from 0 to 1.5 V Max
- Gain – Sets Gain amount from 62 to 80 dB (measured at - 3.0 kHz, compensated for internal attenuation)
- 3-Position Toggle Switch – Selects between 3 different low frequency characteristics
- Input Impedance: Approx. 500Ω to 10kΩ, depending on Gain setting, low to high
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Noise Referred to Input: <125dBV, A-weighted
- Power: 9V battery or external 9 to 18V regulated DC adapter (center pin negative)
- Current Consumption: 7mA in operational mode
- Dimensions: 2.61” X 4.90” X 1.45”
- Weight: 0.8 lb. without battery
- (2017-11-17) Seymour Duncan - La Super Rica Fuzz Pedal by Seymour Duncan
- (2017-12-15) Seymour Duncan La Super Rica Fuzz by shnobel
- (2017-12-20) Seymour Duncan - Getting Started with La Super Rica Fuzz Pedal by Seymour Duncan
- (2018-01-04) Seymour Duncan La Super Rica Fuzz | Reverb Tone Report by reverbmarket
- (2018-01-09) Seymour Duncan La Super Rica Fuzz Preview by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2018-01-15) Seymour Duncan La Super Rica Fuzz Pedal | Review by iguitarmag
- (2018-01-24) SEYMOUR DUNCAN La Super Rica Fuzz Pedal - The Gear Gods Review | GEAR GODS by geargods
- (2018-01-28) NAMM 2018 - Seymour Duncan La Super Rica Fuzz, Silver Lake Dynamic Reverb by guitarworld
- (2018-01-30) NAMM 2018: Seymour Duncan La Super Rica Fuzz and Silver Lake Dynamic Reverb by GuitarPlayer
- (2018-02-18) Seymour Duncan La Super Rica Fuzz - Demo by MusikmesseTV
- (2018-02-20) Seymour Duncan La Super Rica Fuzz - Review by MusikmesseTV