"Boutique quality that won't break the bank."
High gain, solid state distortion pedal capable of myriad tones thanks to a three-band active EQ section. Perfect for all genres of rock.
As a guitarist, when you need power, it's generally because you want to lay down chunky rhythms or you need to bust out a blazing solo. Enter the Power Grid, Seymour Duncan's highest gain distortion pedal, which is designed to provide powerful overdrive and distortion suitable for all kinds of rhythm and lead playing, thanks to five stages of class A, discrete circuitry, which are cascaded to provide nearly 100dB of gain. Now that's power!
But the Power Grid is not an untamed beast. All this raw horsepower is managed by a multi-element gain and volume control system that allows fine control. For example, if you crank the gain, you'll get a very thick, saturated “Modded British” distortion, reminiscent of the big guitar sounds that defined metal. But if you back the gain off, you'll get a very responsive “crunch” distortion similar to the Rhythm Channel on the SFX-03 Twin Tube Classic. And in between there are myriad levels of overdrive and distortion.
With the Power Grid, your tone is further refined thanks to a three bands of active EQ. Each band allows for up to 12dB of boost or cut at frequencies selected for maximum control of the electric guitar. This allows you to create tones with a far greater degree of surgical precision than what's possible with any distortion pedal with passive EQ. With all the power and control built into the SFX-08 Power Grid, it could just be the last distortion pedal you buy. Ever!
- (2008-02-06) Seymour Duncan Power Grid Distortion and Twin Tube Mayhem by Premier Guitar
- (2009-08-03) Seymour Duncan Race Car Power Grid Distortion by Seymour Duncan
- (2009-08-10) Seymour Duncan Stompboxes-Power Grid Distortion by Seymour Duncan
- (2010-07-08) Seymour Duncan Power Grid Distortion by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2011-03-07) The Power Grid: Seymour Duncan TV by Seymour Duncan
- (2011-10-31) Seymour Duncan Power Grid Distortion Guitar Effect by Chatreeo
- (2015-06-09) Pepe - Seymour Duncan SFX-08 Power Grid Demo by PepeMusicDE