Floor-based Power for Your Pedal-based Rig
Seymour Duncan's PowerStage 170 is a miniature power amplifier that is engineered to attain the best tone and performance from your pedal-based electric guitar rig. Small enough to fit right on your pedalboard, the PowerStage 170 still pumps out an astounding 170 watts â€” more than enough to power any combination of guitar cabinets. And the onboard 3-band EQ make it extremely versatile, no matter what pedals you are using for your front end. The PowerStage 170 is the performing guitarist's new favorite tool.
170 watts of clean power
More and more guitarists are getting hip to the great guitar tones that can be achieved by running your favorite guitar pedals â€” especially the amp-in-a-box variety â€” directly into a great power amplifier. That's exactly what the PowerStage 170 is designed for. By utilizing this setup, your stompbox tones receive enough juice to scream through anything from a compact 1 x 12" cab to a 4 x 12". This makes the PowerStage 170 a favorite among traveling guitarists who rely on rented backline as well as many of the gigging players around Sweetwater.
Unlike the heavy and large solid-state power amplifiers of the past, the Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170 electric guitar amp is housed in a compact and attractive enclosure that will nestle right in with your other pedals. Not only that, but the PowerStage 170 is a feather weight. When you're done pummeling your audience's ears at the gig, simply pack up your pedalboard and your amp is taken care of too.
Plenty of tone-shaping power
The Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170 electric guitar amplifier is engineered to get the very most from your pedalboard. And thanks to a powerful 3-band EQ, it sounds great as its own clean channel as well. The onboard 3-band EQ works with the power stage to match up to any cabinet. No matter what you're running on the floor, the PowerStage 170 will handle it flawlessly.
- Compact amp for a pedal-based guitar rig
- 170-watts of power is enough for any type of performance
- Small enough to fit in a backpack, or right on your pedalboard
- 3-band EQ in the power section for dialing in your ideal tone
- Allows you to use your pedals as the rig's front end
- (2017-01-24) Forgive the raw cellphone video/audio but here's Larry Roberts from Novembers Doom checking out the PowerStage 170 amp for the first time. http://www.seymourduncan.com/power-amp/powerstage-170 by Seymour Duncan
- (2017-02-22) NAMM '17 - Seymour Duncan Andromeda and PowerStage 170 Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2017-04-06) Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170 by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2017-05-05) Dario Lorina: Seymour Duncan Palladium, Andromeda & PowerStage 170 by Seymour Duncan
- (2017-06-12) Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170 power amp - with Jared James Nichols by Seymour Duncan
- (2017-06-16) The PowerStage 170 is shipping now! by Seymour Duncan
- (2017-06-30) Seymour Duncan PowerStage - Rise Above the Backline by Seymour Duncan
- (2017-08-25) That Pedal Show ? Pedal Sized Amps: EHX Magnum 44, Seymour Duncan PS170 & Vox MV50AC by That Pedal Show
- (2017-11-28) Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 with Richie Kotzen OMG overdrive by ilovenoise
- (2018-02-08) Powerstage 170 Seymour Duncan ;) by Pepis Music
- (2017-05-15) Clip 2 - Dirty Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170 Review by Premier Guitar
- (2017-05-15) Clip 1 - Clean (Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170 Review) by Premier Guitar