The Pickup Booster allows you boost your signal without altering the character of your sound while also allowing you to access different pickup tones with the flip of the Resonance Switch. With its class A, low-noise circuit design the Pickup Booster is exceptional at emphasizing a guitar's natural tone while adding some muscle and fatness. It's extremely transparent, adds clarity and has several new improvements that build even further on the original's success. The Gain control can now be turned down to unity (0dB). We also added a discrete push-pull output stage that gives you increased drive capability. So even with the Gain knob down at 0dB and a long cable length, your signal chain will sound cleaner.
The Resonance Switch makes the pedal interact directly with your pickups, allowing those with single-coils to flip a switch for a vintage humbucker sound that's perfect for classic rock or blues. With another flip of the switch you can get a high-output humbucker tone for rip roaring solos or for blasting gain out of a tube amp. You can use the Pickup Booster for a clean, buffered boost with more headroom or you can fatten up a humbucker for maximum saturation and sustain. Like the Dirty Deed, Vapor Trail and 805 Overdrive, each Pickup Booster is assembled in Santa Barbara, California and is True-Bypass.
Clean, buffered boost: This setting will give a transparent boost to your signal to drive the rest of your pedalboard with greater signal headroom and no loss of high-end, or use at the end of your pedal chain to drive long cable runs back to your amp.
Fattened Strat: Setting the Resonance Switch to the "1" position will shift the resonant peak of a single-coil pickup down, thickening up your tone. Putting the Gain control up to the 12 o'clock position will let you drive the front-end of the amp for more grit. This setting really lets the intensity of your playing come through, staying clean until you dig in and bring out the sweet harmonics of your amp.
Maximum Beef: This setting, with the Resonance Switch on "2" and the Gain control all the way up, gives a single-coil the fatness of a high-output humbucker along with the full push of your amp's preamp stage, resulting in a meaty, saturated tone. Great for beefing up your solos!
Fattened Humbucker: This setting, with the Resonance Switch on "0" and the Gain control all the way up, gives maximum saturation and sustain to a humbucker.
- Type of circuitry: Fully discrete, Class A
- Gain range: 0 to 25 dB
- Bypass: True bypass
- Pickup Resonance Switch: Makes a single coil pickup sound like a vintage humbucker ("1") or high output humbucker ("2").
- Frequency Response: -3dB at 30Hz and 38 kHz
- Distortion: < 0.02% at 200mV RMS output
- Noise: -120 dBV (referred to input with gain set at 25dB)
- Input impedance: 250K Ohms (when effect is "on")
- Output impedance: 150 Ohms
- Power: 9V battery or external 9 to 18V Regulated DC Adapter (center negative)
- Current consumption: 4.5mA @ 9V (when LED is "on"), 3mA @ 9V (when LED is "off"). Currents at 18V are 11mA and 8mA, respectively.
- Dimensions: 2.61" X 4.90" X 1.45"
- Weight: 0.8lb. without battery
- (2014-08-19) Pickup Booster by Seymour Duncan
- (2014-08-20) If you're a pedal fan, what's the first pedal in your signal chain? You asked for it, now it's back! The Pickup Booster pedal allows you boost your signal without altering the character of your sound, while also allowing you to access different pickup to by Seymour Duncan
- (2014-09-03) What's the first pedal in your signal chain? If you haven't already heard the Pickup Booster is back with a new look and several improvements. This pedal gives you a natural boost with more muscle and headroom and if you have single-coils it will fatten by Seymour Duncan
- (2014-10-03) Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster Demo by guitarworld
- (2014-11-05) Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster Pedal Review - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2014-11-07) Seymour Duncan PICKUP BOOSTER guitar pedal demo with MJT Strat by Gearmanndude
- (2014-11-15) Which of these pedals most intrigues you? This video shows the Dirty Deed, Vapor Trail, 805 Overdrive and Pickup Booster being used together. Each is true-bypass, 100% analog and assembled at the Seymour Duncan Factory. More info here: http://bit.ly/1n0 by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-02-16) What was the most recent pedal you've added to your collection? Here's our Pickup Booster, which lets you add more power to your sound without altering its tone, but it also gives you access to different tones with the Resonance switch, allowing you to m by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-03-16) Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster by shnobel
- (2015-04-12) What do you do when you need to kick your distortion up a notch? Here's our Pickup Booster pedal, which can make single coils sound more like humbuckers, make vintage humbuckers sound like modern ones or just squeeze some extra juice out of your preamp t by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-09-03) Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-10-23) Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-10-27) Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster Review - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2015-11-04) Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster Pedal | Review by iguitarmag
- (2016-04-28) Seymour Duncan - Dave Baker Jams Through Vise Grip, Pickup Booster, and Vapor Trail Pedals by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-06-12) Seymour Duncan ??? Pickup Booster by BuzzbeeTV
- (2016-08-25) Duncan Video Shorts - Pickup Booster Pedal, Rock by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-09-06) Pickup Booster pedal for rock by Seymour Duncan