Seymour Duncan (November 5, 2013)
From the light, singing overdrive of classic rock to raunchy, screaming, ear-shattering distortion, the Dirty Deed was created for complete versatility. The tone is very organic and natural sounding; it's designed to capture the character and responsiveness of a classic overdriven tube amplifier with elements of distortion, fuzz and overdrive combined into a single wide-range pedal. With a turn of the gain knob you can go from the sparkling overdrive of your favorite classic rock songs to a rich, powerful hard rock distortion with amp-like saturation. The distortion is thick and beefy with a sweet spot in the mid-range EQ and a strong bass response, while highly responsive Treble, Bass, Gain and Level controls allow you to dial in your ideal sound whether you're using the Dirty Deed as your sole source of grit or you're adding some extra dirt to an already-overdriven amp.
For maximum flexibility the Dirty Deed incorporates an active EQ for 12dB of treble and bass boost/cut. A pair of MOSFET transistors evoke the tube-like harmonics and lush sustain that only come from dangerously pushed amplifiers. Runs on standard 9v to 18v DC power supplies. At 18v the Dirty Deed enhances overall saturation and compression.
After several years of development, this analog, 100% true bypass distortion pedal is now being released to the public. Designed and assembled in Santa Barbara, California, the Dirty Deed is available at any Seymour Duncan retailer or online store.
Seymour Duncan blog
The Dirty Deed is the result of several years of engineering and testing to create a pedal that could provide a natural organic sounding distortion and have tons of versatility. Whether you are playing your favorite classic rock songs or needing some neighborhood shattering distortion the Dirty Deed can get you there. With highly responsive independent Level, Treble, Bass and Drive controls you can dial in your perfect distortion. With a turn of the gain knob you can go from the sparkling overdrive of your favorite classic rock songs to a rich, powerful hard rock distortion with amp-like saturation.
Unlike most distortion pedals that sound like a bottled mosquito, the Dirty Deed is very open and natural, capturing the tone of a classic overdriven amplifier, essentially becoming “channel two” of any clean amp. We used a pair of cross-connected MOSFETs for a rich, warm distortion and natural tonal character with amp-like touch sensitivity. Runs on standard 9v to 18v DC power supplies. At 18v the Dirty Deed enhances overall saturation and compression.
The distortion is thick and beefy with a sweet spot in the mid-range EQ and a strong bass response. The Dirty Deed is an analog, 100% true bypass pedal that is assembled and designed right in the heart of Seymour Duncan headquarters in Santa Barbara, California.
- (2013-10-22) Seymour Duncan's Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal by dannyyoungguitars
- (2013-11-05) Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal by guitarworld
- (2013-11-07) Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal demo by Pedal Tank
- (2013-12-03) Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal by PixxyLixxx
- (2013-12-19) Dirty Deed / Seymour Duncan - Turbo Guitar #84 by TurboGuitarChannel
- (2014-01-04) Seymour Duncan - Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal, 18 Volt DC power. "Blues" Demo by Pedal Tank
- (2014-02-19) Lemmy Pickup | Jason Becker Pickup | Dirty Deed Pedal, Vapor Trail Delay Pedal Seymour Duncan by iguitarmag
- (2014-02-27) Seymour Duncan - Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal + Epiphone Dot by TurboGuitarChannel
- (2014-03-07) Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal by guitarworld
- (2014-04-14) Review Demo - Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed Distortion by Premier Guitar
- (2014-08-07) How would you describe the first time you ever played a guitar with distortion? Here's a video of our Dirty Deed distortion pedal, which is designed to cover everything from the light, singing overdrive of classic rock to raunchy, screaming, ear-shatter by Seymour Duncan
- (2014-10-16) Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed Distortion by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2014-11-15) Which of these pedals most intrigues you? This video shows the Dirty Deed, Vapor Trail, 805 Overdrive and Pickup Booster being used together. Each is true-bypass, 100% analog and assembled at the Seymour Duncan Factory. More info here: http://bit.ly/1n0 by Seymour Duncan
- (2014-12-31) What's your home recording setup, if you have one? Here's a full-track demo of our Dirty Deed distortion pedal. It has an active EQ for 12dB of treble and bass boost/cu, a pair of MOSFET transistors for tube-like harmonics and sustain, and it runs on st by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-01-07) Demo by slank of the Dirty Deed - Wijaya Musik by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-03-21) Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed Distortion by shnobel
- (2015-03-25) 86 Pro Co RAT vs Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed by shnobel
- (2015-04-25) For those who use distortion pedals, where do you place them in your signal chain? Here's a video of our Dirty Deed distortion pedal, which can do everything from 'gentle singing' to 'hunting call of the Krayt Dragon.' by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-05-15) What was your first pedal? The Dirty Deed was the first of our relaunched, revamped and reinvented pedal line. It's been joined by quite a few pedals since, and there are more on the way. http://www.seymourduncan.com/pedals/dirty_deed_dist/ by Seymour Duncan
- (2015-11-05) Seymour Duncan Dirty Deeds Distortion Pedal | Review by iguitarmag
- (2015-12-03) How many distortion pedals do you own, and how do you use 'em within your rig? Here's the Dirty Deed Distortion. It's a pretty wild pedal: its voicing is great for cutting through a live mix. Check it out here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/pedal/dirty-de by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-04-28) Seymour Duncan- Amos Heller Rocks the Dirty Deed and Shapeshifter Pedals by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-05-02) What's your favorite multi-purpose gear? Here's Amos Heller (who plays for Taylor Swift) testing out the Dirty Deed and Shapeshifter. by Seymour Duncan
- (2016-05-12) Seymour Duncan ??? Dirty Deed by BuzzbeeTV