Plug-and-play high-quality synth and instrument sounds for your guitar.
The Roland GR-20 Guitar Synthesizer is the ultimate MIDI pedal for guitars. Ever wanted to thicken up your guitar sound with a warm synth pad? Or how about a screaming lead sound that puts you in front? The GR-20 Guitar Synthesizer makes playing high-quality synthesizer and instrument sounds from your guitar as simple as 1-2-3. First, attach the GK-3 Divided Pickup (not included)to your steel-stringed electric (no drilling necessary). Second, select the type of sound you want using the Bank knob. Third, choose a sound variation using the Number/Value dial and start playing. With the GR-20, it's easy to tap into the power of guitar synthesis.
Guitar Synth or Compact Pedal?
With the GR-20, it feels like both. Selecting a sound is like choosing an effect. First, select a sound category using the Bank knob. Categories include Strings/Orchestral, Wind, Brass, Bass/Guitar, Organ/Keyboard, Piano, Synth/Lead, Voice/Pad, Ethnic, and Rhythm/Percussion. Now you can select individual sounds using the Number/Value dial.
Roland's Finest Sounds with Exceptional Tracking
At the heart of the GR-20 is an advanced sound engine based on Roland's professional synthesizers. Sounds can be played with up to 48-voice polyphony for full, rich-sounding patches. And the sounds are equally impressive. From expressive string ensembles to spiritual tabla loops coupled with sitar--all with adjustable attack and release. Sophisticated DSP makes the GR-20's pitch detection ultrareliable, so you can strum with confidence.
Take Your Guitar Playing Further
Want to create a sound that's all your own? Try blending the natural sound of your guitar pickups with the GR-20. Thankfully, the GK-3 Divided Pickup makes this easy via a larger and smoother knob. Imagine playing chords and then slowly fading in a swirling, breathy pad to create intensity. Or how about playing a distorted lead on your guitar with a thick synth lead sound? Now take this a step further with the GR-20's Patch Link function. It allows you to easily assign GR-20 patches to match effect patches in MIDI-capable processors such as the BOSS GT-6.
GK-3 Divided Pickup
The GK-3 is 30% thinner than its predecessor, and it now uses a 1/4" jack for normal guitar input. The pickup includes an adjustable curve design to keep an even distance between the strings for better response (the pickup cable length is also adjustable). Owners of LP-type guitars can install the GK-3 pickup safely using a special attachment plate. (not included).
- Affordable guitar synthesizer with new sounds, easy interface,
- Easy to use: select a sound category (Strings, Organ, Synth, etc.) and play!
- Quick editing via Attack, Release, Chorus, and Delay/Reverb knobs
- Digital pitch detection for lightning-fast tracking
- Includes Roland's latest sounds like sax, strings, flute, brass, bass and percussion loops
- (2008-03-20) GR-20 Guitar Synthesizer by Roland Television
- (2009-01-20) GR-20 Guitar Synth (6/6) MIDI by Roland
- (2009-01-20) GR-20 Guitar Synth (5/6) Using It by Roland
- (2009-01-20) GR-20 Guitar Synth (4/6) The Pickup by Roland
- (2009-01-20) GR-20 Guitar Synth (3/6) Sound 3 by Roland
- (2009-01-20) GR-20 Guitar Synth (2/6) Sound 2 by Roland
- (2009-01-20) GR-20 Guitar Synth (1/6) Sound 1 by Roland
- (2009-01-20) GR-20 Guitar Synthesizer / Sensitivity and Feel by Roland
- (2009-01-20) GR-20 Guitar Synthesizer Demo by Roland