The Voodoo-Vibe Jr is our latest evolution of the Univibe unit that was used by Jimi Hendrix and Robin Trower. The Voodoo-Vibe Jr will faithfully reproduce all the old sounds and incorporates the modifications I made for Jimi. The Supervibe was my 1st evolution of the Univibe and many leading performers including Stevie Ray Vaughan and Robin Trower used this unit. The Voodoo-Vibe is the 2nd evolution and also has a Tremolo circuit plus the usual Chorus and Vibrato functions. The control of the sound parameters is greatly expanded and is capable of producing many new unheard effects. The Voodoo-Vibe Jr is the 3rd evolution and is the smaller brother of our famous Voodoo-Vibe, which is used by so many great guitarists such as Page and Clapton and still today remains the standard by which all other Vibe type clones are judged. It has been designed in response to the many requests of having a smaller unit with less knobs that still gives the great tone of it's bigger and more complicated brother. The Vibe Jr. has the same circuitry and configuration but does not have the Tremolo function nor does it have the choice of sine or triangular waveforms in three ranges and the symmetry controls.
The Voodoo-Vibe Jr is completely analogue in operation and exhibits a very transparent and full sound quality that is lacking in digital units that simulate chorus, flanging, phasing and vibrato effects. The digital zipper noise and graininess is eliminated and the guitar tone is maintained throughout the full dynamic range, Class A discrete circuitry is used in all audio stages and results in ultra high audio quality and very low noise. The signal to noise ratio of the unit is 102Db, which is about 12 Db better than a compact disc. Extensive power supply filtering is used to ensure low noise operation from mains AC adapters.
- SPEED: The speed or rate of effect can be adjusted over a large range.
- INTENSITY: The level of depth of the effect can be controlled and is used in conjunction with the other controls to set up the final effect.
- SWEEP: This control enables the unit to be tuned to produce different sweep effects from the Chorus and Vibrato mix. It changes the frequency around which the unit sweeps (centre frequency). If the mix control is set to full chorus the sweep can first be set to a good starting point by turning the Intensity control to minimum and then rotating the sweep control slowly whilst playing a chord until a phasing or null is heard. This should occur at about the 2 o'clock position of the sweep dial. Increase then the intensity control now and a very typical Univibe effect will be heard. When the Mix control is set at the full Vibrato setting the effects of the sweep control will not be as great as this is a pitch shift effect.
- MIX: This sets the mix or blend of chorus and vibrato effect.
QUICK START: Turning all the controls to the 12oclock position will give a good starting point to begin experiencing the interplay of the controls.
The operational window of these controls has been optimised to produce great tones instantly. The simplicity of operation will appeal to those who are less technically orientated and who want a plug in and go version of the Voodoo-Vibe that was a bit too complicated for them.
- MULTI-MODE OUTPUTS with HARD WIRE BYPASS or TWO BUFFERED OUTPUTS: The Voodoo-Vibe Jr has three outputs, a true hard wire output plus two buffered outputs that can drive long cable lengths with no high frequency loss. These two buffered outputs are identical and are disconnected when the hard wire output is being used. This means that you have a choice for all possible performance or equipment situations whether you feel a true hard wire output or buffered outputs will perform best. In general the low output impedance of the buffer gives a lower noise floor and a more punchy sound but now it's so easy to hear the difference and make a real decision that is based on fact not hype.
- RAPID BATTERY CHANGE: No more screws to loose! Slide the front panel back and there is the battery. It could not be simpler or faster. See picture below.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Exceptionally low current consumption: Bypass Mode=12mA. Effect Mode=15mA ensures an expected battery life of more than 20Hrs with alkaline type batteries.
- EXTERNAL POWER ADAPTER / SUPPLY: An external AC adapter (not supplied) can be used and access is through a standard DC power jack ( 2.1mm centre pin ) situated next to the jack sockets. Internal onboard filtering ensures that optimum low noise performance is maintained and diode protection provides peace of mind in case of polarity setting mistakes.
- CONNECTION PROTOCOL: It uses the standard negative centre pin connection protocol used by many leading manufacturers.
- SPECIFICATIONS: 9 volt DC. Regulated output is recommended.
- CURRENT RATING: 50mA or more.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN / PEDAL BOARD FRIENDLY: The position of the jack sockets and DC power jack are all on the same side of the enclosure and face away from you thus enabling the effect to be optimally positioned in pedal board set-ups.
- DIMENSIONS: Width 170 x Depth 112 x Height 57mm. Weight : 618g with battery.