The Voodoo-Bass is so named because it adds a gutsier bass equalisation to the Voodoo-1 distortion sound. This enables players who favour single coil pickups to reproduce quite effortlessly the rounded, bluesy sound of classic pickups such as the Gibson P90. The comprehensive Gain and Tone variation provided by the Voodoo-Bass enable a very wide range of distortion sounds to be created from the compressed, just clipped sustain of traditional Chicago Blue to the sweet scream of full tube overload. This guitar effects pedal also works very well with Bass Guitar as an increasing number of bass player are rediscovering the joys of adding both compression and distortion to their sound.
Electronically the Voodoo-Bass and Voodoo-1 each share all the same features but the equalisation sections have been altered to provide a completely different set of optimised tone response.
The Voodoo-Bass is housed in the new style enclosure with both dual direct drive buffered outputs or hard wire output and has provision for an internal 9-Volt Battery (battery life 150Hrs) or can be powered from a 9-Volt DC Power Adapter (not supplied). Extensive internal filtering ensures that noise free operation is maintained even with the most basic of adapters. The dual direct drive outputs that are capable of driving very long leads without any loss and in fact you can use a speaker lead for the outputs if you want without any hum. This direct drive true bypass feature is standard on all our voodoo series and in effect reduces the output lead length to zero. This results in greater detail and fidelity than using two long lengths of guitar leads in traditional hard wire bypass set-ups. The problem of cable noise induced by vibration on stage is eliminated together with electrical magnetic interference induced into shielded cables from lighting rigs etc. Possibly of more importance there is no tone sucking at all from the output length of guitar cable. After all the ultimate guitar cable would have a lead length of zero, and guitar players can detect the difference between long and short cables easily. The overall signal quality in the unit is thus guaranteed right up to amplifier and this overall performance exceeds any other method in use today. When using a Voodoo Boost as the last device in a signal chain the distance to the amp does not come into consideration and long leads can be used successfully in recording situations e.g.: playing in the control room.
- MULTI-MODE OUTPUTS / HARD WIRE BYPASS/ TWO BUFFERED OUTPUTS : The Voodoo-Bass has a true hard wire output plus two buffered outputs that can drive long cable lengths with no high frequency loss. These buffered outputs are disconnected when the hard wire output is being used. This means that all performance situations are catered for whether you want a true hard wire output or your situation calls for the advantages of buffered outputs.
- RAPID BATTERY CHANGE : No more screws to loose!. Slide the front panel back and there is the battery. It could not be simpler or faster.
- BATTERY LIFE : 150Hrs or more using a premium grade alkaline 9 Volt type.
- EXTERNAL POWER ADAPTER / SUPPLY : An external AC adapter (not supplied) can be used and access is through a standard DC power jack ( 2.1mm centre pin ) situated next to the jack sockets. Internal onboard filtering ensures that optimum low noise performance is maintained and diode protection provides peace of mind in case of polarity setting mistakes.
- Connection protocol: It uses the standard negative centre pin connection protocol used by many leading manufacturers.
- Specifications: 9 volt DC. Regulated output is recommended.
- Current rating: 50mA or more.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN : The position of the jack sockets and DC power jack are all on the same side of the enclosure and face away from you thus enabling the effect to be optimally positioned in pedal board set-ups.
- Width 170 x Depth 112 x Height 57mm. Weight: 640g with battery.