The Roger Mayer Vision Wah Special is the second in the Vision Low Line series of foot controllers and provides auto switching between the two functions of Wah or Volume/Expression. It has been primarily developed for performance situations so that players can now change from wah and control their volume instantly they have finished using the wah function. The low profile and silky smooth action entices players to use both functions in new ways as awkward and stiff mechanical manipulations of a gear train and switch are removed in this new modern evolution of the established 40-year-old design. I have a long history of successfully creating wah electronics that have produced some of the most notable wah sounds ever recorded and I am happy to bring the "Band of Gypsys" wah tones plus a Volume/Expression pedal with variable range together in one modern ergonomically designed package. Players can now achieve a more natural way to express themselves as the connection between foot and mind become virtually transparent.
- WAH SWEEP : Continuous control of wah sweep frequency. Discover the wah tones I developed for Jimi and used by him at the "Band of Gypsys" concert.
- WAH BLEND: This allows blending of the guitar back into the wah sound to allow full control of wah depth and Q.
- VARIABLE VOLUME RANGE : Access to this multi-turn control is through a small hole on the bottom cover and allows precise adjustment of the reduction in volume level desired when the pedal is in the up position. The volume range has purposely been limited to a maximum of -30dB so that during performance the pedal has a usable range and is not just a volume switch. An excessively large range of control is not that easy to control with your foot when standing up and in fact when using the pedal in a live situation a range of 20dB is popular and is easily controlable from your foot. This corresponds to turning the guitar volume from 10 to 5. The fact that the range can be limited and set now enables the Vision Wah Special to accurately control amp or pedal distortion.
- BYPASS SWITCH FEEL : The pressure required on the foot plate in the down position to actuate the changeover or bypass can be set electronically on the PC Card.
- BYPASS MODE: There are two modes that can be selected via by moving a jumper on the card.
- Mode 1 = AUTO - Switch between WAH and VOLUME.
- Mode 2 = WAH - Switch between WAH and BYPASS.
- PEDAL FEEL : A vari-friction nylon bearing adjusts the pedal feel and because the top plate is fully balanced it will remain in position even in the lightest friction settings.
Ergonomic Player Design: It is 40% lower than the Cry Baby Style of pedals and also has 28% more angular travel. The slightly downwards position of the top plate results in a much more relaxed and balanced operating posture and also allows the player to step off the pedal in a forward motion whilst simultaneously operating the bypass function. The silky smooth feel and low profile all improve the overall physical performance by using a foot control that is natural and easy to use. The cables plug into the side pods and are swept back out of harms way. The front control knobs are also recessed into the side pods to provide protection.
No potentiometer gears or switch: Advanced instrumentation techniques measure the top plate angle continuously to provide data that controls the wah, volume and bypass switch functions. This solid-state approach results in reliable silent operation with no parts to wear out and replace.
Balanced Top Plate: This enables the position to be held at any friction level.
Pedal Status: LED indicator on the side pod.
Powering: Internal 9V battery or from an AC Adapter (not supplied).