In 1964 I designed my first fuzz guitar effects pedal that was used by Jimmy Page and Big Jim Sullivan and featured on many early hit records. I am pleased to announce that after 40 years this early ground breaking fuzz will be available again. It uses carefully selected germanium transistors and has the same distortion section as the original 1964 version. An added carefully tuned passive fatness control follows the distortion section and this adds fatness without messing up the guitar's detail or the distortion characteristics. It has all the features of the new Classic Series with Hard Wire and Buffered Dual Outputs and is housed in the same style of new enclosure. This reissue meets our strict guidelines of keeping the best of the old but also adding some new noteworthy modern features and we at Roger Mayer welcome you to step on to a piece of genuine history.
Page-1 Classic Front Panel Controls
- DRIVE: This sets the amount of distortion.
- FATNESS: A combination circuit tailored to provide control to the overall tone depth and is not just a simple top cut circuit.
- OUTPUT: The output level boost available can also be used to drive the amplifier very hard if required.
Page-1 Classic Technical Features
Electronically the Page-1 Classsic shares all the same basic Classic Series features with dual output buffering or hard wire output etc.
The Page-1 Classic is housed in our new Classic Style enclosure and this new reduction in footprint area together with the jack sockets in the conventional position makes the integration into pedal boards very efficient.
It has both dual direct drive buffered outputs or hard wire output and has provision for an internal 9-Volt Battery (battery life 150Hrs) or can be powered from a 9-Volt DC Power Adapter (not supplied). Extensive internal filtering ensures that noise free operation is maintained even with the most basic of adapters. The dual direct drive outputs that are capable of driving very long leads without any loss and in fact you can use a speaker lead for the outputs if you want without any hum. This direct drive true bypass feature is standard on all our voodoo series and in effect reduces the output lead length to zero. This results in greater detail and fidelity than using two long lengths of guitar leads in traditional hard wire bypass set-ups. The problem of cable noise induced by vibration on stage is eliminated together with electrical magnetic interference induced into shielded cables from lighting rigs etc. Possibly of more importance there is no tone sucking at all from the output length of guitar cable. After all the ultimate guitar cable would have a lead length of zero, and guitar players can detect the difference between long and short cables easily. The overall signal quality in the unit is thus guaranteed right up to amplifier and this overall performance exceeds any other method in use today. When using a Page-1 as the last device in a signal chain the distance to the amp does not come into consideration and long leads can be used successfully in recording situations e.g.: playing in the control room.
- MULTI-MODE OUTPUTS with HARD WIRE BYPASS or TWO BUFFERED OUTPUTS: The Page-1 Classic has a true hard wire output plus two buffered outputs that can drive long cable lengths with no high frequency loss. These buffered outputs are disconnected when the hard wire output is being used. This means that all performance situations are catered for whether you want a true hard wire output or your situation calls for the advantages of buffered outputs.
- BATTERY LIFE: 150Hrs or more using a premium grade alkaline 9 Volt type.
- EXTERNAL POWER ADAPTER / SUPPLY : An external AC adapter (not supplied) can be used and access is through a standard DC power jack ( 2.1mm centre pin ) situated next to the jack sockets. Internal onboard filtering ensures that optimum low noise performance is maintained and diode protection provides peace of mind in case of polarity setting mistakes.
- Connection protocol: It uses the standard negative centre pin connection protocol used by many leading manufacturers.
- Specifications: 9 volt DC. Regulated output is recommended.
- Current rating: 50mA or more.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: This new reduction in footprint area together with the jack sockets in the conventional position makes the integration into pedal boards very efficient. For a futher reduction in footprint consider our new TC Version of our popular models.
- Size: Width 95 x Depth 120x Height 57mm. Weight: 350g.