What's different from AdrenaLinn I?
AdrenaLinn II gives you everything the original AdrenaLinn does-beat synched filter effects, amp modeling and drum machine-plus lots more, using a more powerful internal computer and expanded memory:
- Redesigned for simplified operation—quickly and easily get the sounds you want
- 12 new superb amp models for a total of 24
- New filter types for cool and strange new sounds
- Delay time nearly tripled to 2.8 seconds for simple looping-like sounds
- Foot selection of presets and tap tempo
- Improved drum sounds, presets and drumbeats, and lots of new features all around!
New to AdrenaLinn? Don't know what it is?
AdrenaLinn II is an award-winning effects processor for guitar, keyboard or bass that combines 3 products in one:
- A beat-synched multi-effects processor: tremolo, flanging, rotary, delay, random filtering and other modulation effects—including programmed sequences of filtered tones or note arpeggios—in perfect synch to the internal drumbeat or MIDI. Also included are classic filter effects like auto-wah, guitar synth and talk box!
- A superb amp modeler: 24 superb models of classic guitar amps over the past 40 years, distortion boxes, a clean preamp, and a few original amp models of our own.
- A programmable drum machine: a great-sounding beat box with 200 drumbeats and over 40 sounds.
Beat-Synched Filter Effects
What are beat-synched filter effects? Examples include tremolo, auto-pan, filter tremolo, flanger, chorus, rotary, vibrato and more, all in perfect synch to the internal drumbeats or to MIDI clock. (That out-of-synch tremolo on your guitar amp won't seem as useful anymore.) Plus all new effects including:
- Random filtering-like a new random wah pedal position on every 1/8 or 1/16 note. Very cool solo sound when used with our amp models.
- Random flanging-a new random flanger tone on every 1/8 or 1/16 note. Great for twangy arpeggios or held chords.
- Tremolo sequences-how about reggae tremolo? Or swing tremolo?
- Filter sequences-like a 2 measure rhythmic sequence of wah pedal movements. An incredible idea generator.
- Pitched arpeggio sequences-infuses your playing with a sequence of pitched musical notes. Very weird/cool.
Classic Note-Triggered Filter Effects
Did we mention filters? AdrenaLinn II contains emulations of various audio filters including wah pedal and classic Moog and Oberheim synth filters. You'll get plenty of auto-wah effects, guitar synthesizer sounds, volume swells, and even a talk box emulation without having to stick that damn plastic tube in your mouth.
Superb Amp Modeling
AdrenaLinn II also includes 24 superb modeled simulations of classic amps, distortion boxes, a clean preamp and even a few new amps or our design:
- Fender Bassman
- Fender Twin Reverb
- Marshall JTM-800
- Vox AC-15
- Roland Jazz Chorus JC-120
- Soldano SLO-100
- Roger Linn Design Deep
- Fuzz tone
- Fender Blackface Deluxe
- Marshall JTM-45
- Hiwatt DR103
- Budda Twinmaster
- Boogie Mark IV
- Roger Linn Design Thin
- Roger Linn Design Bright
- Octave fuzz
- Fender Early Deluxe
- Classic Marshall JTM-50
- Vox AC-30 Top Boost
- Matchless Chieftain
- Boogie Dual Rectifier
- Roger Linn Design Blues
- Roger Linn Design Rectified
- Clean Preamp
For distortion lovers, AdrenaLinn's models don't stop at the original amp's maximum gain. They don't even stop at 11. They go to over 1600 times overdrive! Go scramble some eggs and your note will still be sustaining when you get back.
Beat-Synched Delay with simple looping
The audio delay is always synched to the drumbeat or to MIDI. Just select a note value-1/4 note, 1/2 note, or any other-and the delay stays with you. With longer delays like a full measure, you get simple looping features: play a chord, then solo over it when it plays back perfectly in synch on the next bar.
Programmable Drum Machine
The internal drum machine has 100 factory and 100 user drumbeats from hard rock to lo-fi to dance to soft, and over 40 excellent drum sounds. Run the drums through the amps and beat-synched filter processing for some truly rude processed beats.
Easy to use. Really.
To play one of the 100 factory presets, simply find a preset in the list printed on the back of the manual, turn the PRESET knob to select the preset number and play. You can also press START to hear the drumbeat as you play.
To adjust any of the effect, amp or delay settings that make up a preset, simply find the setting in the Edit Preset section in the center of the front panel, press the UP or DOWN arrow buttons to light the light next to it, then turn the knob above it. That's it.
Selecting and tweaking effects has been greatly simplified from the original AdrenaLinn. Simply set the Effect parameter (in the Edit Preset section) to one of the 14 effect types shown at the left side of the panel, and then select one of the effect variations using the Variation parameter. Fine-tune the effect with the other 6 settings, or deep-edit with 4 additional hidden parameters.
Upgradeable from the original AdrenaLinn
Own an original AdrenaLinn? Purchase our AdrenaLinn II Upgrade Kit online to convert your unit to an AdrenaLinn II.