J. Rockett Audio
The Klon Centaur has been cloned hundreds of times by as many companies since the DIY community managed to scrape the black goop off the circuit board. Each company's "klone" sounds slightly different because there's one component that nobody can seem to agree on: the diodes.
Players refer to them as "magic" because many diodes manufactured in this era didn't come labeled, so many thought the actual value would remain a mystery forever.
Not anymore. We found some.
After finding this pocket of magic diodes, the next step is to fine tune the circuit so that it matches the source material: a real gold Klon Centaur. Rockett tuned the Ikon to its Centaur until the differences were 100 percent indistinguishable. The Ikon is quite simply the closest you're going to get to authentic Centaur tone without draining the kids' college fund.
The sound is a hair more compressed than the silver Archer and fuller sounding with the Gain knob dialed back - or "boost" mode - which is how a majority of players use their klones. Quite simply put, there is no finer tool for goosing your amp, be it tightroping the verge of breakup or simply dipping its toes into the juice pool. When set to full gain - or "drive" mode - the Ikon exhibits a smoother, gently compressed clipping section, indicative of the original Centaur tone but sorely lacking from the abundance of klones on the market. The Treble knob keeps all the frequencies in check, and is a godsend for players using a Les Paul or other humbucker-equipped axe.
Just like the original Centaur, a charge pump circuit is utilized to internally bump the voltage from the nine-volt input up to 18 volts. This helps create the legendary headroom for which the Klon is renowned, and it is also why the Klon stacks so well with other pedals.
J. Rockett Audio Designs Archer Ikon Features:
- Features actual Klon "magic" diodes. That's right - THE part
- Legendary drive and boost tones—ultra-transparent
- Internal charge pump circuit doubles the voltage
- Hand-made in the USA
- Standard 9v center-negative power
- (2015-06-15) Rockett Pedals Archer IKON Demo Video by Shawn Tubbs by Shawn Tubbs
- (2015-06-16) J. Rockett Archer Ikon by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-06-30) J. Rockett Audio Archer Ikon Pt 2 - Clean Boost by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-07-10) J Rockett Audio Archer ikon by shnobel
- (2015-07-10) J Rockett Archer Ikon vs Klon Centaur by shnobel
- (2015-07-11) J. Rockett Audio Designs Archer Ikon-- Demo by RockTheEagle
- (2015-07-16) Chellee Pony Boy vs J Rockett Archer ikon by shnobel
- (2015-07-16) J. Rockett Archer Ikon & Gold Klon Centaur Comparison by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-07-24) SNAMM '15 - J. Rockett Audio Designs the Archer Ikon Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2015-08-05) J Rockett Archer Ikon vs Archer by shnobel
- (2015-08-07) Klon KTR vs Rockett Archer vs Archer Ikon vs Tone Monk by The SuperFunAwesomeHappyTime Pedal Show!
- (2015-09-04) J. Rockett Silver Archer + Ikon by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-09-30) J. Rockett Audio Designs Archer Ikon Overdrive by PedalOfTheDay
- (2015-10-30) Rockett Pedals Archer Ikon | N Stuff Music by NstuffMusic
- (2015-12-03) Pedal Shoot Out - Archer Vs Archer Ikon by AndertonsMusic
- (2015-12-25) Klon KTR vs Archer Ikon vs Chellee Ponyboy by intheblues
- (2015-12-28) Movall Minotaur vs Archer iKon by shnobel
- (2016-01-18) J Rockett Archer Ikon by GuitaristMag
- (2016-04-21) J Rockett Archer ikon vs Killer Otter Aerostat by shnobel
- (2016-06-09) Rockett Pedals "Archer Ikon" & "Animal" by Alberto Barrero
- (2016-12-24) Cop that "Jingle Bell Rock" tone! Using just an Archer Ikon and a Boing reverb, you can enter that great classic Christmas territory, spreading cheer to all! Find out where to get these pedals and more at smarturl.it/JRADdealers! by Rockett Pedals
- (2016-12-28) Need a YouTube rabbit hole to venture down? Scope out our playlist of great demo videos featuring great players like this one, showcasing Shawn Tubbs on the Archer Ikon. Watch the playlist here: http://smarturl.it/JRADdemos by Rockett Pedals