Boris is a beastly guitar fuzz pedal whose roots lie in a particular 90's 4 transistor Russian circuit. Dr Deiter Von FÃ¼zzBrauer was always mystified by the simple, yet devastating tones that could be achieved by this circuit. But there was always a problem, when this circuit was employed in a live setting the massive wall of fuzz would be buried under the bass, drums and anything else. Why? Well, each instrument occupies a particular frequency and the circuit scoops mids, and mids is where the guitar shines. These amazing tones that could be had are be easily corrected in a recording mix, but what about the live players? No, this will not stand, Von FÃ¼zzBrauer had his quest. Create the thick and massive sought-after tones but without the sacrifice of being lost in the live mix.
Boris is result of many hours of research and prototyping. Each version was tested in real life settings. Von FÃ¼zzBrauer loves simple. Ultimate tweak ability is lovely, but in a dark bar or practice space, if something get bumped and nudged, as it inevitably does, finding "that setting" in the midst of a song can be a challenge. Therefore Von FÃ¼zzBrauer settled on the classic 3 knob triangle formation. With a switch to give you some options so you can still use the more traditional mid scooped sound or break through and let everyone know you are there.
This pedal will pummel your amp into submission. It's loud and mean. The controls are simple:
- Volume - Does what it says
- Tone - The classic high and low pass filter tone stack. Turn left to cut highs and right to cut bass.
- Fuzz - Self-explanatory. Try this at 9 or 10 o'clock for a more overdriven sound. Turn this badboy up to smash the competition
- Nuclear / Doom Switch - DOOM is your classic mids scoop for that thick wall of terror. Switch it to NUCLEAR to really cut through but still sound thick and heavy. This is the setting for any lead work you want to do. Seriously! it's great for solos.
Dr Von FÃ¼zzbrauer's favorite setting is Tone at 1 o'clock, Nuclear engaged, and Fuzz at... well any setting you please. Go from heavy riff-age to leads without any setting changes. Oh and did I mention Boris sounds great when driven by a Wah?
Boris was designed for Guitar but sounds killer on Bass too.
- (2017-06-01) Boris Effect Pedal Quick Demo 2 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-06-01) Boris Fuzz Effect Quick Demo3 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-06-01) Boris Fuzz Effect Pedal quick demo 1 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-09-21) Boris: Fuzz for the People 7 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-09-21) Boris: Fuzz for the People 1 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-09-21) Boris: Fuzz for the People 2 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-09-21) Boris: Fuzz for the People 8 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-09-21) Boris: Fuzz for the People 6 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-09-21) Boris: Fuzz for the People 5 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-09-21) Boris: Fuzz for the People 4 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-09-21) Boris: Fuzz for the People 3 by Nordstrand Audio
- (2017-10-30) Rocket Surgeon BORIS : Fuzz for the People : demo with humbuckers & Deluxe Reverb by Gearmanndude
- (2017-12-06) DOOM featuring Boris: Fuzz for the People. by Nordstrand Audio
- (2018-05-01) Johnny Gomez demos Boris: Fuzz for the People by Nordstrand Audio