Jacques Ruppert (August 5, 2010)
We (Burkhard Lehle and myself) just tested successfully the first fully operational prototype of the Basswitch and that it should start to ship around year end.
The final version of the Basswitch will look slightly different from the one shown in Frankfurt.
the Basswitch has been engineered and will be manufactured by Lehle in Germany but sales will be with Ruppert Musical Instruments S.A. Luxembourg.
press release by Lehle and Ruppert Musical Instruments (december 2010)
The Basswitch IQ DI is a spectacular introduction to the industry for the Luxembourg-based company Ruppert Musical Instruments SA (RMI)!
The intelligent concept of this all-in-one-preamp has been developed by RMI. With its complex features and the high-end construction it fills a niche in the market that no other product has entered until today. The Basswitch IQ DI features an A/B switch, high-end-preamp, clean booster, double-parametric EQ, looper and - last but not least - a high-quality DI box. So it´s basically the Swiss army knife which no sophisticated bassist should be missing from his gigbag.
The company Lehle Gitarrentechnik has engineered the Basswitch IQ DI and is in charge of the manufacturing. High quality brand-components and the ultra-solid "Made in Germany"-construction which is typical for Lehle products guarantees an uncompromised sound, maximum reliability, an elaborate flexibility and make this superior sound-center your first choice in any imaginable situation, either live or in the studio. The Basswitch IQ DI will be introduced to the public for the first time by RMI in cooperation with Lehle at NAMM 2011 in Anaheim/USA at exhibition booth no 2982.
Ruppert Musical Instruments
The Basswitch IQ DI bass preamp opens up a new dimension in bass pre-amplification and signal routing, offering an “all-in-one” solution for bassists, whether used in stand-alone mode or as the control centre of a pedal board.
The Basswitch IQ DI features:
- an A/B-input switcher
- a high-end preamp
- a clean booster
- a parametric EQ
- an FX loop switcher
- and, last but not least, professional quality DI signal routing
German manufacturing and best brand components provide maximum reliability and optimal treatment of the electrical signal from your bass instrument, whether from a magnetic or a piezo pickup.
Uncompromising in sound, build quality and flexibility, our high-end bass preamp will prepare you for any situation, be it in live performance or recording sessions.
A/B input switcher
The Basswitch IQ DI offers a low impedance input and an input with switchable impedance, both with discrete circuit design. If you connect two instruments to input A and B, the A/B footswitch allows you to toggle between the two. The signal from instrument A is routed to channel A and the signal from instrument B is routed to channel B. If only one instrument is connected to input A, the A/B footswitch routes this signal to channel A or channel B.
High-end bass preamp with parametric EQ
Channel A of the Basswitch IQ DI features a high-end preamp and a four-band EQ, designed for bass instruments, offering bass, double semi-parametric mids and treble controls.
The Basswitch IQ DI offers two effect loops: a passive serial loop and a switchable, infinitely variable mixing loop that enables you to go from a completely dry signal, through parallel on to serial looping. A phase inverter switch ensures that any out of phase signals do not cancel each other out in parallel mode. And a Tuner Out keeps the tuner out of the signal path.
A footswitch and a volume control allow you to add a second high-end amplification stage upstream of the Mix Loop. This allows you to feed tracking or overdrive/distortion pedals with an adequate input signal. If the Mix Loop is not in use, the booster serves as an extremely clean solo booster.
The Basswitch IQ DI bass preamp can be used to send an output signal directly to a mixing console or a recording unit. The high-quality components and features of the Basswitch IQ DI (high-end preamp, ground-switch, pre/post signal-processing switch, pad for output attenuation) in combination with the Lehle True Sound Technology make this bass preamp an excellent DI box, whether you’re using it at a live gig or in the studio.
The Basswitch IQ DI can also be used as a line mixer. To do this, the return socket of the Mix Loop is used as input and the ratio of this signal to the signals coming from inputs A and B is adjusted by using the mix control.
- Weight: 1375 gr
- Length: 16.2 cm
- Width: 22.0 cm
- Overall height: 4.2 cm
- Voltage range: 9-20V AC/DC
- Power Consumption: 130 mA
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 100KHz (+/- 0.2dB)
- Distortion: 0.005%
- Input A impedance: 1 MO/10 MO (switchable)
- Input B impedance: 1 MO
- Output impedance: 150 O
- Signal-to-noise ratio: -94 dB @ 1 kHz, 0dBu (A weighted)
- Max level: 5V RMS (approx. 16 dBu)
- Max gain: +/-15 dB
- Bass: +/-18 dB @ 33Hz (peaking)
- Low Mid: +/-18 dB @ 100Hz – 500Hz (peaking)
- High Mid: +/-16 dB @ 840Hz – 5.4kHz (peaking)
- Treble: +/-18 dB @ 12,5 kHz (shelving)
- (2011-02-12) Basswitch IQ DI Bass-Vorverstärker als Schaltzentrale auf einem Pedalboard - preamp EQ A/B switch by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-02-12) Basswitch IQ DI Bass-Vorverstärker Präsentation - preamp EQ multi-tool A/B switch pedal effect-loop by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-02-12) Basswitch IQ DI Bass-Vorverstärker im "standalone" Mode - preamp EQ A/B switch effect-loop pedal by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-02-16) Basswitch IQ DI bass preamp presentation & demo - EQ effect loop mulit-tool A/B switch pedal by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-02-16) The Basswitch IQ DI as a control center on a pedal board - bass preamp EQ A/B switch effect loop by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-02-17) The Basswitch IQ DI in standalone mode - bass preamp EQ A/B switch multi-tool effect loop pedal by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-04-13) Hansford Rowe is testing the Basswitch IQ DI - part 1 by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-04-13) Hansford Rowe is testing the Basswitch IQ DI - part 2 by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-04-20) Hansford Rowe testing the Basswitch IQ DI part 1 - bass preamp EQ A/B switch effectloop pedal tool by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-04-20) Hansford Rowe testing the Basswitch IQ DI part 2 - bass preamp EQ A/B switch effectloop pedal tool by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-04-28) Musikmesse '11 - Lehle True Sound Technology Basswitch IQ Di Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2011-06-07) Basswitch Sound Examples - part 1 by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-06-08) Basswitch IQ DI Sound Samples part 1 - bass preamp EQ A/B switch effect loop pedal multi tool by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-08-29) Basswitch IQ DI Sound Samples part 2 - bass preamp EQ A/B switch effect loop pedal multi tool by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2011-09-07) Basswitch IQ DI Sound Samples part 3 - bass preamp EQ A/B switch effect loop pedal multi tool by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2012-01-17) Basswitch used as line mixer by The Bass Whisperer
- (2012-01-19) Basswitch IQ DI Bass Preamp by The Bass Whisperer
- (2017-01-10) Max Dommers using the Basswitch with Moonbootica by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2017-02-07) Ruppert Basswitch IQ DI - NAMM 2017 | GEAR GODS by geargods