Ruppert Musical Instruments
The Acouswitch IQ DI acoustic guitar preamp opens up a new dimension in acoustic guitar pre-amplification and signal routing, offering an all-in-one solution for acoustic guitar players, whether used in stand-alone mode or as the control centre of a pedal board.
The Acouswitch IQ DI features:
- an A/B-input switcher
- a high-end preamp
- a clean booster
- a parametric EQ
- an FX Loop switcher
and last but not least. professional quality DI signal routing.
German manufacturing and best brand components provide maximum reliability and optimal treatment of the electrical signal from your acoustic instrument, wether from a magnetic or a piezo pickup.
Uncompromising in sound, build quality and flexibility, our high-end acoustic guitar preamp will prepare you for any situation, be it in live performance or recording sessions.
A/B input switcher.
The Acouswitch IQ DI offers two high impedance inputs with discrete circuit design. If you connect two instruments to input A and B, the A/B footswitch allows you to toggle between the two. The signal from instrument A is routed to channel A and the signal from instrument B is routed to channel B. If only one instrument is connected to input A, the A/B footswitch routes this signal to channel A or channel B. The “MIX” switch located between input A and B allows you to combine and mix both channels.
High-end acoustic guitar preamp with parametric EQ and body contour control
Channel A of the Acouswitch IQ DI features a high-end preamp and a three-band EQ, designed for acoustic instruments, offering bass, semi-parametric mids with a broad frequency range (100 Hz to 6 kHz) and treble controls. The body contour control acts on both channels.
The Acouswitch IQ DI offers two effect loops: a passive serial loop and a switchable, infinitely variable mixing loop enabling you to go from a completely dry signal, through parallel, on to serial looping. A phase-inverter switch ensures that any out-of-phase signals do not cancel each other out when in parallel mode. And a Tuner Out keeps the tuner out of the signal path.
A footswitch and a volume control allow you to add a second high-end amplification stage, upstream of the mix loop. This allows you to feed tracking, or overdrive/distortion pedals, with an adequate input signal. If the mix loop is not in use, the booster serves as an extremely clean solo booster.
The Acouswitch IQ DI acoustic guitar preamp can be used to send an output signal directly to a mixing console or recording unit. The high-quality components and features of the Acouswitch IQ DI (high-end preamp, ground switch, pre / post signal processing switch, pad for output attenuation) in combination with the Lehle True Sound technology make this acoustic guitar preamp an excellent DI box, whether you’re using it at a live gig or in the studio.
The Acouswitch IQ DI can also be used as a line mixer. To do this, the return socket of the mix loop is used as the input and the ratio of this signal to the signals coming from inputs A and B is adjusted using the mix control.
- Weight: 1375 gr
- Length: 16.2 cm
- Width: 22.0 cm
- Overall height: 4.2 cm
- Voltage range: 9-20V AC/DC
- Power Consumption: 150 mA
- Frequency Range 50Hz (low cut filter) – 100kHz
- Distortion: 0.005%
- Input A impedance: 5 MO
- Input B impedance: 5 MO
- Output impedance: 150O
- Signal-to-noise ratio: -92 dB @ 1 kHz, 0dBu (A weighted)
- Max level: 4,5V RMS (approx. 15 dBu)
- Max gain: +/- 15 dB
- Bass: +/-18 dB @ 83Hz (peaking)
- Mid: +/-18 dB @ 100Hz – 6kHz (peaking)
- Treble: +/- 18 dB @ 12,5kHz (shelving)
- Body contour: -24dB (notchfilter)/+18 dB (peaking) @ 45Hz – 500Hz
- (2012-03-26) Musikmesse 2012 - Ruppert Musical Instruments Acouswitch IQ by Audiofanzine
- (2012-04-17) Musikmesse '12 - Ruppert Acouswitch Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2012-07-25) Lucid präsentiert den RMI Acouswitch IQ DI - guitar preamp EQ notchfilter mulit-tool A/B switch by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2012-07-25) Lucid presents the RMI Acouswitch IQ DI - preamp, equaliser, notchfilter, mulit-tool, A/B switch, EQ by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2012-08-28) Luke Potashnik (Katie Melua) talks about the RMI Acouswitch IQ DI - preamp, EQ, A/B switch by Ruppert Musical Instruments (RMI)
- (2012-10-12) RMI Lehle Acouswitch IQ DI Multifunktions-Tool im Test auf musikmachen.de by musikmachenDE
- (2015-11-29) RMI Lehle Acouswitch IQ DI Multifunktions-Tool im Test by musikmachenDE