Rochambeau Musical Apparatus (RMA)
The RMA Tetanus Booster is loosely based on a microphone preamplifier circuit and is capable of surpassing clean gain into harmonically rich overdrive or noisy fuzz territory, depending on initial gain configuration.
Comes in three main flavors:
- SG (standard gain) includes an additional buffered output that is switched out when the effect is in bypass.
- HG (high gain) is able to reach into fuzz/distortion range with a noisy self-oscillation mode when controls are set to maximum.
- CG (convertible gain) allows user to select between the two modes at the expense of the additional output native to the SG variant.
Furthermore, they can be configured in a no-nonsense single knob interface or a two knob pre/post configuration.
Accepts standard 9-volt negative tip power supply, does not accept batteries as standard.
All enclosures are fabricated from mild steel, one at a time. Main finish is a rust followed by clear coat, though custom finishes can be offered. Each build is inherently unique.
- (2015-11-17) RMA Tetanus Booster by Rochambeau Musical Apparatus (RMA)
- (2015-12-23) RMA Mudlark prototype feeding Tetanus Booster modified by Rochambeau Musical Apparatus (RMA)
- (2016-04-06) RMA Crustacean/Tetanus Booster hybrid by Rochambeau Musical Apparatus (RMA)
- (2016-04-08) RMA Tetanus Booster comparison by Rochambeau Musical Apparatus (RMA)
- (2016-04-08) RMA Pre/Post High Gain Tetanus Booster by Rochambeau Musical Apparatus (RMA)
- (2016-07-04) RMAtetanus2CG by Rochambeau Musical Apparatus (RMA)