The Eight-0-Eight Overdrive is a faithful recreation of the original TS-808 Tube Screamer circuit and features the JRC4558D op-amp. Its overdrive circuit provides the same tone as a vintage '808, noted to provide tube like overdrive effects while retaining the guitars original tone.
Being a ground up build rather than a modified pedal has allowed us to provide some feature benefits up front.
Standard Equipment: These are the features that the pedal will have as shipped to dealers.
- The unit is built with metal film resistors and caps for the best fidelity possible.
- True bypass switching.
- The opamp is mounted in a socket so that you can swap in alternates....
- An internal trimpot allows for adjustment to the amount of bottom end content present. The range is from stock TS to nearly flat (no flaby-ness wanted). The mids are not taken away, the bottom is brought up. A nice feature that lets you decide what the right amount of low end is.
Optional Equipment: (These options will only be available through direct orders)
- Tone control enhancement (enhances tonal range)
- Audio Quality Op-amp
- Increased gain range (less gain at min setting, more gain at Max)
- (2010-07-08) Retro Sonic 808 Overdrive TS-808 by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2012-02-17) Retro-Sonic 808 Overdrive by Sam Vilo
- (2012-06-20) Retro-Sonic 808 Overdrive by Sam Vilo
- (2011-05-04) Retro-Sonic Eight-O-Eight Overdrive pedal on bass guitar by jazzigo