Red Witch press release for the 2010 reissue
The Red Witch Medusa ChorusTrem is back! She of the swirling chorus, She of the pulsing trem…… Back after five long years and better than ever!
Due to unprecedented demand our classic ChorusTrem pedal has returned: Stereo output, Expression pedal, multiple modes - everything you remember and more!
She'll Chorus, she'll Tremolo and she'll ChorusTrem. There is only one Medusa - Hallelujah she's back!
A little history...The original issue of Medusas consisted of just 74 units that were made by hand in the Red Witch workshop over three weeks in December 2004. Regarded by many as being the sweetest sounding Chorus pedal ever made, the units soon gained legendary status.
The rare appearance of an original Medusa on Ebay would incite bidding wars - sometimes selling for up to four times the original price. Exciting!
The new and improved MedusaThe reissued Medusa has a smaller, more compact housing, the same size as current Red Witch products. So you get all the tone without the real estate costs!
It features a potentiometer for the voice control, instead of the original 5-way switch - giving you almost limitless options of delicious Chorus flavor.
The Medusa vs The EmpressThe sound of the Medusa's Chorus has a different flavor to that of its sister, the Empress Chorus.
Plus the reissued Medusa features the addition of two effects: Tremolo and the unique ChorusTrem.
ChorusTrem...?ChorusTrem is a unique Medusa effect that is not offered by any other pedal on the market. ChorusTrem is when the Chorus effect and the Tremolo effect occur simultaneously and in synch... Chorus pulse at the same time as the volume shift of the Tremolo.... Or “synched amplitude and pitch modulation” for those of you who like impressing the ladies with your technical lexicon.
- (2010-01-19) NAMM 2010: Red Witch's Medusa by What's That Dude Play?
- (2010-02-11) NAMM '10 - Red Witch Pedals Medusa Chorus/Tremolo & Titan Delay Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2010-08-16) The Medusa Reissue - Official Video demo...... by Red Witch
- (2010-08-16) The Medusa Reissue - Official Video Demo.... by Red Witch
- (2010-08-17) Medusa by Red Witch
- (2010-12-28) Red Witch Medusa by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2011-04-02) Red Witch Medusa Chorus: Limited Edition, Totally Lush (Video) by GearWire
- (2011-10-12) Red Witch Medusa Chorus by JetCityMusic
- (2016-03-14) It's demo time! Going for a Billy Duffy sounds with a Phasey chorus from the Medusa and a bright Marshall-esque bite from the Famulus. Hope you enjoy! Dan by Red Witch
- (2016-03-17) Time for another combo demo! A little variation of Sweet Child O Mine with the Medusa and Violetta. Thanks for listening/watching! Dan by Red Witch
- (2016-06-28) Red Witch Pedals Medusa Chorus/Tremolo Guitar Effects Pedal Demo by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-07-11) We don't often demo our effects through the effects loop of an amp, so thought we'd share some of the tones you can attain by doing so. Here's a rich Medusa Chorus piped in through a Mesa Boogie JP-2C FX loop. Lush. Dan by Red Witch
- (2016-07-15) Here's some tone that's Wanted, Dead or Alive ;) Again, running the Medusa through the FX Loop yields a more subtle result that sparkles and swirls delicately. Dan by Red Witch
- (2016-07-27) Another demo of the Medusa, once again plumbed in through the effects loop of the JP2C. Here's a snippet of Crazy Train by none other than Ozzy Osbourne. We've done this already but last time it was effects in front of the amp, here it is in the loop. Hop by Red Witch
- (2016-10-26) QUICK CLIPS: "The Pot" - Medusa and Factotum by Red Witch
- (2016-10-26) QUICK CLIPS: "Sweet Child o' Mine (harmonics)" Medusa and Violetta by Red Witch
- (2016-10-26) QUICK CLIPS: "She Sells Sanctuary" Medusa and Famulus by Red Witch
- (2017-04-21) She Sells Sanctuary! I'm a bit of a fan of The Cult and Billy's tone is extremely recognisable. Here's a wee taster with the Famulus and Medusa working in tandem! by Red Witch
- (2017-06-06) Like Prime Rib and Cab Sav, the Medusa and Violetta are a tasty pairing. Here's a little harmonic snippet of a pretty well known tune! by Red Witch