Red Witch (2008)
Born of the same stock as the Red Witch Medusa chorus-trem , the Empress offers unparalleled chorus options.
An infinite number of analog chorus/vibe devices in one box...
Her most enticing feature is the unique voicing control; this dial allows you to access virtually any chorus sound you could desire! It changes the delay time - it's on a pot so you've got an infinite number of chorus pedals in one box - from super spanky sparkling clean to noisy, sea sick inducing, pitch bending wobble.
Delay time determines a big part of any chorus units tone/flavour/sound - short delay creates a very pristine, airy chorus whereas longer delay time gives more ‘wobble' and ‘throb'. Unfortunately virtually all devices available only have one fixed delay setting - or at most a choice of two.....
We've designed a circuit that lets you adjust the delay time via a potentiometer - from one extreme to the other and everything in between. In it's most extreme settings the device will produce some hiss - this would be expected within the last third of the voicing controls sweep.
Vibe/Chorus Switch; Choose between Chorus or Vibrato mode. When in vibrato Mode you can use the voicing dial to choose from gentle, subtle pitch shifting through to wild semitone leaps. The voicing control functions in vibe mode the same way it does in chorus mode - it shifts the delay time. Nasty or Nice - you choose.
Velocity; Super stand still slow to freaked out fast
Mix; As clean or as chorusy as you like
Depth; From a delicate flutter to a sickening swing.
Stereo Out; The Empress loves to function in stereo - harness her to two amplifiers and stand in between them - one will carry the dry signal and the other will carry the wet. The chorusing occurs in the air between the amps. Neat.
Bright switch; This allows you to access some more sparkle on the more shimmery settings (Set voicing anywhere between 7 o'clock and 11 o'clock) . Engaging this switch in more extreme settings will add background hiss.
Internal slide switch; The Empress has two different input stages - the slide switch lets you choose between them. The unit is preset by us to the Medusa input stage setting. The other position provides a little more boost and slightly different tonal response. Feel free to try both.
Switching; The Empress uses True Bypass switching. When she's not turned on she's just like a piece of guitar cable (A lady's allowed to have some quirks!).
Power; The Empress can run from either a nine volt battery, or from an external nine volt supply, via a 2.1mm socket.
Other Goodies; The pedal is housed in a diecast aluminum box which is coated in our unique vintage pearl finish, and screen printed with the appropriate images. All our pedals used only the highest quality, close tolerance parts, to ensure decades of hassle free use.
- (2008-12-28) Red Witch Empress Chorus by Burgerman666
- (2009-03-10) Red Witch Empress Chorus Demo Parte 1 by Fernando Gabriel
- (2009-03-10) Red Witch Empress Chorus Demo Parte 2 by Fernando Gabriel
- (2009-03-10) Red Witch Empress Chorus Demo English Part 1 by Fernando Gabriel
- (2009-03-11) Red Witch Empress Chorus Demo English Part 2 by Fernando Gabriel
- (2009-04-26) Red Witch Analog Pedals - Empress Chorus by Red Witch
- (2009-07-14) Red Witch Empress Chorus Vibrato W. Gadow Classic Hollow Body SB by SoundPure.com
- (2009-09-24) Red Witch Empress Chorus Vibrato Pedal Video Demo by TunnelVision Music
- (2010-07-07) Red Witch Empress Chorus demo - part 1 by rumstove
- (2010-07-07) Red Witch Empress Chorus demo - part 2 by rumstove
- (2010-07-08) Red Witch Empress Chorus by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2010-07-10) Empress Chorus by Red Witch
- (2011-01-11) Red Witch Empies Chorus - TEST W INFOMUSIC.PL by InfoMusic
- (2013-03-25) Red Witch Empress Chorus Effects Pedal Demo - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2013-10-01) Red Witch Empress Chorus Review - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2014-01-02) Red Witch Empress Chorus by Rectal Hygienist
- (2015-12-20) A little off the cuff jam with the Zeus and Empress Chorus together. I guess you could say, the Zeus is a bit of a Chameleon... by Red Witch
- (2016-02-03) @simonoto getting some #Nirvana tones with the #noisekickfx "Silver Grizzly" and @redwitchanalogpedals empress #chorus. Here the left side boost is on (red led). Then the right channel overdrive (blue led) is engaged for some saturated #overdrive by NoiseKICK FX
- (2016-02-16) Black Hole Sun - Empress by Red Witch
- (2016-02-16) Where would a chorus demo be without 80s Metallica?! Here's the Empress with a more chimey tone for Fade to Black. Dan. by Red Witch
- (2016-02-17) Hysteria - Medusa by Red Witch
- (2016-04-29) Redwitch Empress Chorus by shnobel
- (2016-05-01) Redwitch Empress Chorus vs Julia by shnobel
- (2016-05-09) Red Witch Empress Chorus Vibrato Guitar Effects Pedal Overview by Allans Music + Billy Hyde
- (2016-05-12) Red Witch Empress Chorus Pedal by reverbmarket
- (2016-05-13) Redwitch Empress Chorus vs MIJ Boss CE-2 by shnobel
- (2016-08-02) Empress Chorus - Nothing Else Matters by Red Witch
- (2016-08-04) Empress in Stereo - Fingerstyle "Drive" by Red Witch
- (2016-08-27) Schism - Tool - Bass Intro (Empress and Bass) by Red Witch
- (2016-08-30) Limp Bizkit?? Limp Bizkit. Here's another Chorus and bass combination to delight your ears. This is the intro to "Rearranged" by Limp Bizkit. Dan by Red Witch
- (2016-10-02) "Stream of Consciousness" Empress and Famulus! by Red Witch
- (2016-10-04) Hold The Line - Famulus and Empress (Stereo) by Red Witch
- (2016-10-07) Who has taken advantage of our crazy birthday sale? What did you get yourself? Here's an Empress in stereo over Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde" by Red Witch
- (2016-10-11) "She Wolf" - Empress and Famulus Stereo! by Red Witch
- (2016-10-25) QUICK CLIPS: "Hold the Line" - Empress and Factotum by Red Witch
- (2016-10-26) QUICK CLIPS: "Nothing Else Matters" - Empress Chorus by Red Witch
- (2016-10-27) QUICK CLIPS: "The Ministry Of Lost Souls" Empress Guitar Demo by Red Witch