Raster is a digital delay with a pitch shifter integrated into the feedback loop. It delivers a wide range of sounds including harmonized delays, reverse delays, chorus, arpeggios,infinite descents, self-oscillation, and continuously evolving sound scapes.
- 750 ms delay
- Micro pitch shifting
- Transpose +/- 12 semitones
- Reverse delay
- Analog dry signal path
- Shift footswitch and expression pedal
Shipping March 2015
Raster is a digital delay with a pitch shifter integrated into the feedback loop. It delivers a wide range of sounds including harmonized delays, reverse delays, chorus, arpeggios, infinite descents, self-oscillation, and continuously evolving soundscapes.
Raster excels with short delay times and high feedback. Knob responses are carefully tuned for exploration of self-oscillation and feedback on the verge of blowing up. At maximum feedback settings, dirt in the feedback loop causes repeats to decay into a wash of noise.
Two reverse delay modes can be used for reverse melodies or with pitch shifting for crystal echoes. Delay can be minimized to use the Raster as an old-school pitch shifter.
Using a phase shifter in the feedback loop creates subtle evolving repeats, phase shifting, and barber pole flanging. it can be pushed to extremes for inharmonically shifted delays that distort and break apart. When used as a conventional delay, small shifts allow repeats to evolve in subtle ways.
The Raster is designed and manufactured in Detroit, USA.
- 20-750 ms delay time
- micro pitch shifting
- tuned pitch shifting, +/- 12 semitones
- phase shifting
- reverse delay
- analog dry signal
- Burr-Brown op amps
- shift footswitch and CV/expression input
- 4.35" x 3.25" x 2.5" (111 x 83 x 64 mm)
- SHIFT: Amount of pitch or phase shift. When the SHIFT footswitch is disengaged, the signal is not shifted. Plugging in an expression pedal overrides the shift knob.
- FDBK: Feedback intensity. Infinite repeats at 3:00. At settings above 3:00, the repeats gain in strength for self-oscillation or distorted echoes.
- DELAY: Delay time, from approximately 20 to 750 milliseconds. Short delays with high feedback will create resonance or self-oscillation, especially when the shift knob is near zero. The delay knob is tuned for short delays. By carefully adjusting the delay time and feedback, you can create chaotic self-oscillating drones.
- BLEND: Adjusts output from 100% dry to 100% wet.
- Feedback Mode Switch:
- Reverse delay
- Continuously shifted repeats
- Single shift
- Shift Mode Switch:
- Transpose by semitones (+/- 12)
- Detune (down a fourth to up a minor third)
- Phase shift (not available with reverse delay)
- (2015-02-09) Juan Alderete and Dan Elkan testing out the newest panda with a bass by Red Panda
- (2015-02-23) Dan Elkan noodles while Juan Alderete watches by Red Panda
- (2015-03-23) #RedPandaFriends Nick Reinhart of Tera Melos and Juan Alderete play around with the by Red Panda
- (2015-04-10) Red Panda Raster Delay with Pitch Shifting by JustNickMusic
- (2015-04-16) Red Panda Raster Delay by popintothechemist
- (2015-04-27) "Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen, for my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom as great!" Okay maybe not as epic as Jim Henso by Red Panda
- (2015-04-29) Red Panda - Raster by Kayzer
- (2015-05-15) #RasterDelay getting some work done with Them Hills and Juan Alderete by Red Panda
- (2015-05-18) Red Panda Raster Delay by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-07-06) Red Panda Raster Delay - GUITAR Demo by MrExcane
- (2015-07-24) Just got @redpandalab Raster. Amazing pedal and amazing work! Demo with my bass and transparent 1954 #fuzzpedal. by ScreaminFX
- (2015-07-28) Red Panda Raster Delay with Pitch Shifter Guitar Pedal by Curtis Kent Toneworks
- (2015-08-10) Juan Alderete and Case Tanner at Eastside Music Supply with the #RasterDelay #ContextReverb and by Red Panda
- (2015-08-21) Denver Dalley stopped by to visit the Pandas when he was in town playing with Desaparecidos. Here he's playing around with the #RasterDelay and our shop Gibson Les Paul. You can see the killer live Desaparecidos show at Riot Fest in #Chicago on Saturday S by Red Panda
- (2015-08-25) PedalsAndEffects: Red Panda Raster by PedalsAndEffects
- (2015-08-26) Red Panda Raster Delay by rigrigrigmusic
- (2015-09-28) Red Panda Raster Delay by PedalOfTheDay
- (2015-10-26) Red Panda RASTER |Pedals Fusion| by Pedals Fusion
- (2016-03-24) Red Panda Raster Delay by GuitarPlayer
- (2016-07-06) Pedal Tricks with two Red Panda RASTER delay pedals by Pedals Fusion
- (2016-09-15) #intellijel #metropolis with the #makenoise #0coast playing thru #redpanda #raster #delay #pedal also #maths and #bastl #cinnamon #filter lots of #. @redpandalab @makenoisemusic @intellijel @bastlinstruments by Magpie Pedals
- (2016-09-21) Red Panda Raster Delay by Pepis Music
- (2016-10-17) Red Panda - Particle & Raster [Pedal Siblings] by Magpie Pedals
- (2016-12-09) Red Panda - Raster [Synth Demo] by Magpie Pedals
- (2016-12-09) @redpandalab #raster #delay #pedal #synth demo on youtube! Link in description for full video!! by Magpie Pedals
- (2017-01-01) Happy New Year! Raster #Repost @keplermusicsounds ??? Live and unplugged / with by Red Panda
- (2017-07-20) Pedal Tricks with Pitch Shifted Delays - Nemesis and Raster by Pedals Fusion