REDesign (about the 3 knob version)
The Percolator Fuzz is my interpretation of the rare Interfax Harmonic Percolator. This version is practically identical to the original circuit, except I substituted a few components to improve the performance and reduce the noise level of the circuit, and added a third control. Except for the additional control and the limited edition graphic, the circuit is identical to the one in the video above. From left to right, the controls are:
- Level: adjusts the overall volume output.
- Texture: Pans between 2 sets of diodes (germanium and silicon) to vary the texture of the fuzz. This also affects the volume output of the circuit slightly.
- Fuzz: controls the amount of fuzz.
Like most fuzz pedals, this one works best when placed first in the effects chain. To my ears, it also sounds best when used with a slightly overdriven amplifier.
- Interfax HP-1 Harmonic Percolator
- Barge Concepts BP-1
- Catalinbread Karma Suture (Germanium) - Harmonic Fuzz
- Catalinbread Karma Suture (Silicon) - Harmonic Fuzz
- Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator
- Dubrek Audio Boutique Harmonik
- Fredric Effects Harmonic Percolator
- Inductor Guitars MP-1 Mellifluous Pussy Fuzz
- Old North State Sounds Earth Departer
- SiC Harmonic Percolator