The REDesign Custom Fuzz is a wide range fuzz that can do from almost clean boost to high gain fuzz. The circuit is based on a modified Fuzz Face topology, with a boost stage added on the end. The Texture control interacts with the Gain control to go from almost clean boost to gated, high gain fuzz.
The controls are as follows:
- upper row, from left to right:
- Volume: Adjusts the output volume.
- Gain: Controls the amount of fuzz.
- Lower row, from left to right:
- Tone: Tone control that adjusts the low end.
- Texture: Affects the overall gain range and the texture of the sound, from gated to almost infinite sustain.