- Monster distortion in a micro package.
- Harmonic overtones controlled by knob or unique foot-controlled pressure pad.
- Built-in noise gate.
- Hi/Lo intensity button.
- Extreme new sounds!
- All sockets on top end panel!
- This is the world's first boutique micro-pedal - another first for Rainger FX!
It's an extreme tone-mangling distortion - the same circuit as that used in the original Dr Freakenstein Fuzz and it's housed in our own original design steel enclosure.
It has one main knob, which controls the harmonic overtone pitch. This aspect can also be controlled by Igor - a tiny pressure operated foot-controller. When it's plugged in, the main knob becomes the 'range' setting for the controller's operation.
There are two pushbutton switches, one controlling the intensity of the overtone, and the other the function of the Igor controller. In standard mode it controls the pitch of the overtone in real time - as you play. In the new mode, it's an even more extreme facility, working like a hi-pass filter as it rises, and then morphing into a bit-crusher! (From 19 secs onwards on the audioclip)
The volume is adjusted by an internal trimpot (accessible through a port in the baseplate).
All the sockets are mounted on the top end panel, so if you have a space 41.5mm wide on your pedalboard, Dr Freakenstein's Dwarf will slot right in. No extra room is needed for side-mounting jackplugs - a unique feature among micro-pedals. Plus it's narrower than all others, and comes with Igor to add a real-time expression facility to your playing!
- Collossal wall-of-fuzz sound in a tiny package
- Totally silent between notes
- FREAKENSTEIN'S DWARF pedal - Side View
- Comes with an Igor foot-controller
- No side sockets taking up pedalboard space
- True bypass footswitching
- Custom-designed steel enclosure
- Powered by 9v power supply (not included)
- Harmonic overtone expression facility with 'hi/lo' option
- Does hi-pass filter and bit-crusher sounds
- Black leatherette paint finish for extra protection
- (2014-03-17) David Rainger - Rainger FX by Crowdfunding Connects
- (2014-10-02) Rainger FX - Dr. Freakenstein's Dwarf by Kayzer
- (2016-02-09) Rainger Fx Dr Freakenstein's Dwarf bass and guitar demo by East Stomp Boutique
- (2016-06-25) Stompbox Saturday No.58 : Rainger FX Dr. Freakenstein's Dwarf (Fuzz Pedal Demo) by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2016-11-26) Fun with Dr Freakenstein Dwarf Bleep and Igor! Superb foot-controlled glitchy fuzz with tons of new sounds, convertible back to regular Dwarf, graphics by Rich DiMaio... Check it out at the Rainger FX stand at NAMM in January! #raingerfx #inspiring #very
- (2017-04-03) Deep Space Pulsar rocking out with Dwarf and 707!
- (2018-01-19) Rainger FX Dr FREAKENSTEIN DWARF BLEEP (and Igor) mini-pedal by MusicToyz