The Echo-X is a digital delay mini-pedal which offers unprecedented real-time control over crucial parameters.
It comes with an Igor pressure pad controller which can adjust delay speed, amount of feedback, or work as a ‘send’ control; while your sound is dry, as you press on Igor, the signal is diverted through the pedal’s circuitry. When you release Igor you carry on playing dry while the diverted notes echo away on their own… An incredibly useful and expressive feature for everyday use!
The Echo-X has 540ms of delay time available, and has level, rate, feedback, input, and volume controls. ‘Level’ goes from no echo, to slightly louder than the input signal. ‘Feedback’ meanwhile goes from a single repeat to runaway overloading feedback oscillation.
‘Input’ governs the input signal, and if this is too loud the red ‘overload’ LED comes on and it needs to be turned down. The volume knob however can push the volume back up.
The Echo-X is housed in a Rainger FX mini-pedal enclosure, which is 0.5mm narrower than standard mini-pedal boxes, and with all sockets mounted on the top end panel. The ‘OK-kickable’ Igor mode switches are on the bottom end panel.
- Delay speed and feedback amount controlled by Igor foot controller (supplied)
- Oscillates great at extreme settings
- Does echo-swoop effects in real-time while you're playing
- 540ms of delay time
- Effects 'send' function allows sounds to echo away while you carry on playing dry
- Input control and indicator for optimum signal-to-noise
- Deeply cool rainger fx mini-pedal steel enclosure
- Makes echo 'accents' and crescendos
- Can go into total oscillation melt-down when required
- Slight low-end roll-off of repeats gives irresistible 'dub' flavour
- No side sockets at all – they're all top end-mounted! Amazing!
Getting its name from a previous incarnation as the Dr Freakenstein Fuzz accessory, Igor – a small, light, pressure-sensitive pad – is dual-sensitivity and works by foot or by hand. It plugs into a mini-jack socket in the top end panel.