The Radial PZ-DI is a unique pedal designed to work with today's new breed of electric guitars and basses that employ both magnetic and piezo pickups. It allows the artist to quickly select between pickups using the onboard footswitches.
There are two channels: one for electric and one for piezo. The PZ-DI will accept either a stereo ¼" TRS or two mono ¼" connectors. The magnetic pickup channel is class-A buffered and equipped with Drag™ Control load correction for optimum signal transfer. This innovative feature allows the user to adjust the load on the pickup so that it sounds 'true-bypass' as if connected to an amp without the usual pops and noise associated with true-bypass pedals. The electric channel is equipped with its own stage amp output and on-off selector switch.
The piezo channel begins with three position high-pass (lo cut) and low-pass (hi-cut) filters to tame the often brittle tone that is associated with piezo transducers. For greater control, the piezo channel also features a dedicated effects loop to allow an EQ or reverb to be added without affecting the electric guitar signal path. Since many artists employ a dedicated acoustic amp on stage, the piezo channel has a separate stage amp output plus a balanced low-Z direct box output to feed the PA system. Each of these is equipped with a ground lift switch to help eliminate buzz and hum caused by ground loops. The XLR out is also equipped with a polarity reverse to help phase align the PA, monitors and on-stage sound.
Selecting channels is simply a matter of depressing the associated footswitch. Bright full-sized LEDs provide visual clarity under stage lights to show the selected channel. Even when off, the signal from both pickups are combined and sent to the tuner out for quiet on stage adjustments. The flexible design also allows it to be used as a simple on-stage instrument selector for those that want to switch between an electric guitar or bass and an acoustic or upright. Made 'Radial tough', the PZ-DI features 14 gauge steel construction for maximum durability and is finished in a rugged baked enamel finish. Powering comes from the included 15VDC supply.
The Radial PZ-DI is a compact pedal that delivers efficient control of your guitar and lets you quietly feed on your stage amps, tuner and the PA system at the same time.
- Designed for guitars with magnetic and piezo pickups
- Footswitch control over pickups for on-stage efficiency
- Individual stage amplifier outputs for each pickup
- Built in Radial direct box for piezo to feed sound system
- Always 'on' buffered tuner output for quiet on-stage tuning
- (2010-06-01) Radial-PZ-DI-with-Dave-Martone.mp4 by Radial Engineering
- (2012-11-01) Radial Engineering PZ-DI by Harmony-Central
- (2013-01-28) Nova Musik - Radial Engineering PZ-DI demo at NAMM 2013 by Nova Musik
- (2013-01-28) NAMM Show 2013 News: Neue PZ-DI Box von Radial by musikmachenDE
- (2013-02-01) RADIAL PZ-DI for Piezo Pickups to Mixing Board! NAMM 2013 by The Tone King
- (2013-02-20) NAMM '13 - Radial Engineering PZ-DI and Voco-Loco Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2013-07-15) PZ-DI - Peter Janis of Radial Engineering by Radial Engineering
- (2013-07-31) Guitars and Gear Vol. 42 - Radial PZ-DI Piezo-optimized Direct Box Demo by Sweetwater Sound