- Multi-stage high gain distortion
- Modeled after 'British Plexi' half stack
- Dual mode for clean, rhythm & lead
- Compact to fit on any pedalboard
- Standard 9 volt power supply operation
The London 'Bone' is a solid-state version of the popular Tonebone Hot British distortion pedal. The 'magic' inside is a multi-stage drive circuit that produces rich, fat tones reminiscent of the latest high-gain Plexi-style tube amplifiers. This unique circuitry retains note clarity even when driven to extremes. Features include: variable drive that lets you dial-in the perfect amount of distortion, a powerful dual-band equalizer with Radial's distinctive passive-interactive tone circuit, a 3-position 'Kick' switch to add extra mid-range drive or fatten up single coil pickups, plus a 3-position 'Bite' control that can compensate for overly bright amps or add extra cut and sizzle to your tone.
The London employs a unique high performance buffering circuit with preset load correction that retains the performance of 'true bypass' connectivity while lowering the impedance and susceptibility to noise. This enables the London to efficiently drive the guitar signal when using longer cables and enables it to employ our latest EIS - Electronic Impulse Switching - for unmatched durability without the challenges posed by mechanical switches.
For maximum on-stage efficiency, the London is configured for 'clean, rhythm & lead' playability whereby in bypass mode, you get the natural clean sound of your guitar. When the London is activated, you can choose between two output drive circuits using the toggle footswitch. Each is equipped with a variable level control ( so that Level-1 can be set for rhythm while Level-2 can be driven at a higher level for lead. To increase sustain and cut for solos, the second drive circuit is augmented in the mid-range. Bright, easy to see LEDs deliver on-stage switching cues so you know exactly where you are at all times.
As most players employ pedalboards, the London features standard 'Boss style' 9V powering that will adapt to most multi-pedal power supplies. The ultra-compact design with top mounted i/o connections allow pedals to be placed close together for those wishing maximum pedalboard density.
The London is a high performance distortion pedal that delivers decades of Plexi-style tones in a compact and easy to use format. God save the Queen!
- (2009-06-14) Radial Engineering Bones London Distortion Demo'd At Winter NAMM 2009 by GearWire
- (2010-07-08) Radial London Bones Dual Distortion Pedal by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2012-07-16) Peter Janis explains the Bones London Distortion pedal by Radial Engineering
- (2012-11-12) Radial London Bones by lynchsandman
- (2014-10-16) Radial ??? Tonebone London by BuzzbeeTV