- Variable drive gain distortion
- Modeled after 'American' tube amps
- Dual mode for clean, rhythm & lead
- Compact to fit on any pedalboard
- Standard 9 volt power supply operation
The Hollywood 'Bone' is a solid-state version of the popular Tonebone Classic distortion pedal. The 'magic' inside is a dual-stage drive circuit that produces sweet yet distinctive tones reminiscent of the best American tube amps from the last half century, while delivering real-amp dynamics. This means that when you turn your guitar down, the Hollywood will clean up like a real tube amp. Features include: variable drive that lets you dial-in the perfect amount of distortion, a powerful dual-band equalizer with Radial's distinctive passive-interactive tone circuit, a 3-position 'gain' switch that lets you adjust the drive range from slight grit to extreme overdrive, plus a 3-position 'cut' switch that lets you add extra mid-range drive or fatten up single coil pickups.
The Hollywood employs a unique high performance buffering circuit with preset load correction that retains the performance of 'true bypass' connectivity while lowering the impedance and susceptibility to noise. This enables the Hollywood to efficiently drive the guitar signal when using longer cables and enables it to employ our latest EIS - Electronic Impulse Switching - for unmatched durability without the challenges posed by mechanical switches.
For maximum on-stage efficiency, the Hollywood is configured for 'clean, rhythm & lead' playability whereby in bypass mode, you get the natural clean sound of your guitar. When the Hollywood is activated, you can choose between two output drive circuits using the toggle footswitch. Each is equipped with a variable level control so that Level-1 can be set for rhythm while Level-2 can be driven at a higher level for lead. To increase sustain and cut for solos, the second drive circuit is augmented in the mid-range. Bright, easy to see LEDs deliver on-stage switching cues so you know exactly where you are at all times.
As most players today employ pedalboards, the Hollywood features standard “Boss” style 9V powering that will adapt to most multi-pedal power supplies. The ultra compact design with top mounted i/o connections allow pedals to be brought close together for those wishing maximum pedalboard density.
The Hollywood is a high performance distortion pedal that delivers decades of “American” style tones in a compact and easy to use format. Rock and Roll!
- (2009-01-27) [NAMM 2009] Radial Engineering Bones Hollywood by Audiofanzine
- (2009-06-27) Radial Bones Hollywood Distortion: Listen To It by GearWire
- (2010-07-13) Radial Hollywood demo.wmv by Willie Vega
- (2010-08-21) Keeley and Radial Hollywood by Willie Vega
- (2012-07-16) Peter Janis explains the Bones Hollywood Distortion pedal by Radial Engineering
- (2014-10-17) Radial ??? Tonebone Hollywood by BuzzbeeTV