The Echo Base is an excellent delay pedal that is a favorite in the DIY pedal building community. To quote the original designer on this unit, ” It's got an LFO that modulates the delay time for chorus/vibe/tape flutter effects, a bit like a DMM.”
It is not true bypass because it features the option to have “tails”, which means that your repeats will continue on after you have stomped the pedal off. If you do not want the tails to repeat, simply flip the toggle switch and the unit will be in “bypass” mode - so that when you stomp the pedal off - it's off immediately, regardless of any delays that are ringing out. This method of bypass is the same thing that Boss pedals do.
- (2009-02-12) PEDAL DEMO: Echo Base Delay Pedal by R3FX
- (2009-02-18) PEDAL DEMO: Delay by R3FX
- (2009-05-15) PEDAL DEMO: Echo Base with mods by R3FX
- (2009-07-21) Echo Base Delay with Dry Loop (R3FX-009) by R3FX
- (2010-03-05) Echo Base Delay with loops (R3FX-048) by R3FX
- (2010-04-15) Echo Base (R3FX-061) by R3FX