Our version of one of the most famous of all fuzz circuits ever!
What sets this circuit apart from other octave fuzzes is the way it produces the upper and lower harmonic octaves. Any octave circuit will give you some great sounds around the twelfth fret and higher but lack much as you get to the lower registers. Our circuit has a great balance of octave and fuzz effect...
Upper registers (especially neck pickup rolled off tone... like Whoa!) screams or growls (depends on where the tone switch is set) with a wickedness that will stand your hair on end! As you play lower on the frets you still harmonically rich octave goodness present to each note where most octave effects have little to no real octave effect when playing the lower frets...especially with bridge pickups.
However it is perfectly balanced so that if you play chords it is not a mess of ring modulated "klang" but rather a very sweet and wicked "kerrang"...
Traverses the regions of killer chording fuzz and single note screaming octave upper lead tones easily. All fuzz, no fuss.
Fuzz and Volume pots and a Tone select switch generate a wide array of killer tones for guitar or bass:
Fuzz and Volume are self explanatory.
The Tone switch can cut a deep 1kHz notch in the mids. Fat or cutting this pedal covers it. One user stated regarding the tone switch: "One side is like having sex, the other is like having your head eaten!"
All Fuzz, No Fuss!
- F4, through hole plated PCB construction.
- True Bypass.
- Properly gain matched transistors.
- DC jack with reverse polarity protection.
- Controls: Volume, Fuzz and Tone Switch
- Guyatone FS-3 Fuzz (related?)
- Honey Special Fuzz (related?)
- Shin-Ei Uni-Fuzz
- Shin-Ei Companion FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Apollo no. 846 Deluxe Fuzz Tone Expander
- Avora FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Companion FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Crown Super Fuzz
- Hohner MF-50 Master Fuzz Control
- Honey Baby Crying
- J.H. Experience FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Jax FY-6 Fuzz Master
- LRE Super-Fuzz
- Mana FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Mayfair Model No. 9540 Super Fuzz
- Mica-Tone Super Fuzz
- Oscar FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Rands FY-6 Fuzz
- Shaftesbury Duo Fuzz
- Teisco TF-1 Fuzz
- Tempo TR-6 Fuzz
- Univox U-1095 Super-Fuzz
- 73 Effects Super-Fuzz
- Analog Fox Super Fuzz
- Animal Factory Chemical Burn - Octave Fuzz
- Black Candy Effects SuperFuzz Deluxe
- Black Cat Super Fuzz
- Dirty Boy Pedals Rude Boy
- Dirty Boy Pedals Showtime
- Electronic Orange Superfuzz
- Fridgebuzzz Land Of The Rising Fuzzz
- G.S. Wyllie Rising Sun
- Giannini BF1S Super Fuzz
- Guyatone TZ2 The Fuzz
- Guyatone TZm5 Torrid Fuzz
- Maxon Fuzz Elements FA10 Air
- Maxon Fuzz Elements FE10 Ether
- MC-FX Super Fuzz
- MC-FX Super Fuzz Deluxe
- McNeece Balance Tone Expander
- MJM China Fuzz
- MMFX ZuppaFuzz
- MZ Effects The Cramps Super Fuzz
- North Effects The Super
- Pigeon FX Companion FY-6 Super Fuzz
- Plan-9 Super Wild Fuzz Si
- Quinn Prophet (previously "Mantis", renamed after complaint from an amp company)
- Tym Guitars Fuzzilla 666
- Wattson Classic Electronics SuperFuzz
- Zontwiggi Electronics SuperFuzz