The Triton Sputnik Fuzz is a combination between a Fuzz Face and a Big Muff. It has a tight mid range and copious amounts of low end. The circuit board is hand wired using a hybrid turret board that is built by hand.
The controls are volume, tone, fat switch and gain switch. The unity level for the volume is about 1 o'clock. The tone control works as a high cut so that you could take down the grittiness of the fuzz. The tone control is also reminiscent of the Big Muff tone structure. The Sputnik tone structure is focused on the most useful range allowing the fuzz to be musical at any setting. The fat switch adds low end when it gets turned on. The gain switch allows you to select between two different gain settings. When the toggle switch is down, it works with a trim pot on the inside so you can set it for a lower gain setting. When the switch is up, the gain is full on balls-to-the-wall. Alternatively, you can use your volume control on the guitar to control the gain for a more subtle adjustment on the fly. While the pedal sounds great with full gain, it also sounds great with a lower gain fuzz (whether you use the switch or the guitar volume knob). The in/out jacks and 9v jacks are in the back so that the pedal doesn't take up more space than it needs to. The pedal is perfect for someone who wants a fuzz with overdrive characteristics and versatility. Also great for lower gain usage or to stack in front of a cranked tube amp or an overdrive pedal.
Push+Pull Pedals Triton Sputnik Fuzz Features:
- Hand Wired
- constructed using a turret terminal circuit board
- buffer switch
- buffer circuit is completely bypassed
- (2013-02-26) Push+Pull Pedals : TRITON SPUTNIK FUZZ by Burgerman666
- (2013-04-24) Push+Pull Pedals Triton Sputnik Fuzz in a Tuna Can - Guitar by Push+Pull Pedals
- (2013-04-24) Push+Pull Pedals Triton Sputnik Fuzz in a Tuna Can - Bass by Push+Pull Pedals
- (2015-09-30) Here's how the pedal sound at low gain setting. There's lots of nice overdrive characteristics that doesn't muddy the original guitar tone. It also responds well to picking dynamics. I often refer the Triton Sputnik Fuzz as a fuzz pedal for people who hat by Push+Pull Pedals
- (2015-09-30) And here's the pedal at high gain setting. You can easily clean up the fuzz by rolling down the volume knob. The Triton Sputnik Fuzz responds to every nuance of your playing. The guitar is a '95 Squier Series strat with Custom '57 pick ups. The clip is wi by Push+Pull Pedals
- (2015-09-30) Triton Sputnik Fuzz - all handwired point-to-point. Low gain demo by Push+Pull Pedals
- (2015-09-30) Triton Sputnik Fuzz - all handwired point-to-point. High Gain demo by Push+Pull Pedals
- (2016-03-19) Yet another excellent clip from @emojipedalreviews of the Triton Sputnik Fuzz. I always call it the fuzz pedal for people who don't like fuzz. This clip is certainly a good example of that. Thank you @emojipedalreviews ??? ??? @pushandpullpedals by Push+Pull Pedals