the press release
An Overdrive with greater presenceBased on the old SDR-4 which has a uniquely characteristic fast attack and effective edgy sound, a newly added feature cuts out unwanted elements which can affect the presence of your sound. This gives a punchy cutting sound with a full, enhanced low midrange, and provides a new level of presence that represents an evolution in overdrive sound.
Even with distortion, the sound and balance of each string remains clear. And in a band environment, a full and vibrant sound can be realized without being masked by the sound of other instruments.
FAT SwitchThe FAT switch can be used to control the low frequency range. Turning the FAT switch ON raises the gain in the low frequency range, enabling the production of a particularly fat sound.
New Double-contact Grounding Circuit (D.C.G. Circuit)Due to the adoption of the new double-contact grounding circuit (D.C.G. Circuit), by inserting a monaural plug into the output jack, the shield (sleeve) of the plug provides two points of contact to the pedal's ground circuit. By increasing the area of the point of contact, it becomes more difficult for a loose connection to occur, and provides the additional advantage of improved sound quality.
New FootswitchAs a result of cooperative efforts in the design stage, we have been able to develop a new heavy duty footswitch.
New Control Pot (Potentiometer)In designing the new pot, we were seeking smooth operation and durability. The new design ensures that the shaft of the pot won't be pressed into the housing even if it is accidentally stepped on.
Advanced S.C.T. CircuitIn a normal True-Bypass circuit, in bypass mode the audio signal passes through two switch contacts. But in the SONIC DRIVE, in bypass mode the audio passes through a single contact, thanks to a single contact true-bypass circuit. The result is much higher sound quality and reliability than that provided by previously existing products. A new development in the S.C.T. Circuit now makes it possible to further reduce any change or deterioration in sound quality and gives the feeling that the footswitch circuit is removed entirely from your signal chain.
- Controls: LEVEL, TONE, DRIVE, FAT Switch
- Jacks: Standard 1/4 inch phone jacks (Input/Output), DC9V Input jack (AC adaptor jack)
- Power: 9V battery (1), AC adaptor
- Power consumption: DC9V approx. 8mA (with effect turned ON)
- Size: 115(D) x 72(W) x 50(H)mm
- Weight: Approx. 250g (without battery installed)
- (2010-08-02) Providence SDR-5 Sonic Drive Overdrive (with Chrono DLY-4 Delay) by Burgerman666
- (2010-09-21) providence-sonic-drive-SDR-5.mov by Providence
- (2010-12-23) The Providence SDR5 Sonic Drive Pedal by RobChappers
- (2010-12-24) Providence SDR5 Sonic Drive Pedal Demo by AndertonsMusic
- (2012-04-15) Guitar overdrive PROVIDENCE SONIC DRIVE by JokeAndRazz
- (2013-06-14) Providence Sonic Drive by Retro Channel
- (2013-06-17) PROVIDENCE Sonic Drive SDR-5 Demo by Lance Keltner by Providence
- (2013-08-01) ???????PROVIDENCE SONIC DRIVE SDR-5 Demo by Lance Keltner by Providence
- (2016-01-16) Haar Guitars Demo - Providence Sonic Drive by Haar Guitars
No forum threads about this effect yet.
Here's some code to post a link with image on forums, eBay, websites,...