Warm overdrive ideally matches single-coil pickups
Warm overdrive with plenty of sustain gives guitarists a wide-ranging expressive voice. The tone is a perfect match for guitars with single-coil pickups.
Level compensation for different pickups
An input gain section that is similar to guitar amp circuits allows level compensation for pickups of differing output as well as boost.
A FAT switch that boosts the low frequencies can be used to deliver an even fatter, more powerful sound.
Wide dynamic range
Internal circuitry doubles the 9-volt supply voltage to 18 volts, achieving wider dynamic range than conventional overdrive effects.
In standard "true bypass" circuits the instrument signal passes through two switch contacts when bypassed. The ROD-1 Single Contact True Bypass configuration ensures that the signal only passes through one switch contact when bypassed, for unmatched signal quality as well as reliability.
Due to the adoption of the new double-contact grounding circuit (D.C.G. Circuit), by inserting a monaural plug into the output jack, the shield (sleeve) of the plug provides two points of contact to the pedal's ground circuit. By increasing the area of the point of contact, it becomes more difficult for a loose connection to occur, and provides the additional advantage of improved sound quality.
In addition to indicating the pedal's on/off status, the ROD-1 LED provides effective visual battery power monitoring. When the battery voltage drops below 7 volts the LED will become dimmer and begin to go out. The effect will still operate at this voltage, but to ensure optimum performance the battery should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Controls: VOLUME, MASTER, TONE, GAIN, FAT
- Connectors: 1/4-inch phone jack x 2 (INPUT and OUTPUT), DC 9V input jack (AC adaptor jack)
- Power Supply: 9V battery or AC adaptor
- Power Consumption: DC 9V, 20mA approx.
- Dimensions: 115(D)×73(W)×50(H)mm
- Weight: 250 g approx. (Not including battery)
- (2014-03-28) ??????Providence ROD-1 RED ROCK OD ???????? by Chuya Online
- (2014-03-28) Providence: RED ROCK OD - Demo by Burgerman666
- (2014-05-07) Providence Red Rock OD, demo by Pete Thorn by Pete Thorn
- (2014-05-09) Providence - Red Rock OD by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2014-06-05) Providence / RED ROCK OD ROD-1??????????? by digimartnet
- (2014-06-23) Providence Red Rock OD Pedal Review | Guitar Interactive Magazine Issue 26 by iguitarmag
- (2014-08-07) Providence Red Rock OD by GuitarPlayer
- (2014-08-29) Review Demo - Providence Red Rock OD-1 Overdrive by Premier Guitar
- (2014-09-08) Providence Red Rock OD ROD-1 | Haar guitars Demo by Haar Guitars
- (2015-05-02) Providence Ltd. Red Rock OD Demo - Metal | GEAR GODS by geargods
- (2016-09-02) Pedals' Park Channel ????? Providence - Red Rock Overdrive by Pedals Park
- (2016-09-15) Providence Red Rock OD by rigrigrigmusic