The Providence Flame Drive FDR-1 guitar effects pedal has already caught the attention of boutique pedal heads around the world. Because Providence Custom Shop "Free the Tone" products are custom designed and built in limited quantities for top-ranking artists around the world, equivalent sound and quality has been hard to come by in off-the-shelf effects. The Providence "F Series" has been created to fill that void, providing sonic quality and performance on a par with Free the Tone custom designs in products that are widely available. F Series effects include the unrivaled VITALIZER® circuit for optimum signal quality, noiseless switching that does not degrade tone, and other Free the Tone innovations developed through years of delivering the finest effects available to some of the best players on the planet.
Modern High Gain Overdrive Sound
The Providence Flame Drive is an extremely versatile overdrive pedal that can deliver anything from sweet, silky overdrive to edgy overtone-rich distortion. It features fast attack response that effortlessly follows the most detailed picking nuances, as well as one of the most coveted characteristics of Free the Tone overdrive effects: eminently musical, amp-like distortion that is never flat or muddy. The Providence Flame Drive can add some serious sonic fire to your sound!
The FDR-1F Providence Flame Drive features a newly developed Vitalized Noiseless Switching Circuit (V.N.S. Circuit) that effectively minimizes switching noise that can occur when the effect is switched on or off while maintaining optimum sound quality.
Due to the adoption of the new double-contact grounding circuit (D.C.G. Circuit), by inserting a monaural plug into the output jack, the shield (sleeve) of the plug provides two points of contact to the pedal’s ground circuit. By increasing the area of the point of contact, it becomes more difficult for a loose connection to occur, and provides the additional advantage of improved sound quality.
Bass Boost Switch
Boosts the low frequencies. Press the switch in to engage the BASS BOOST function.
The innovative VITALIZER® circuit is included to prevent signal degradation. The VITALIZER® circuit is active even when the effect is off, ensuring that a degradation-resistant signal is being output at all times.
In addition to indicating the pedal’s on/off status, the FDR- 1F LED provides effective visual battery power monitoring. When the battery voltage drops below 7 volts the LED will become dimmer and begin to go out. The effect will still operate at this voltage, but to ensure optimum performance the battery should be replaced as soon as possible.
Controls: LEVEL, TONE, DRIVE, BASS BOOST
Connectors: 1/4-inch phone jack x 2 (INPUT and OUTPUT), DC 9V input jack (AC adapter jack)
Power Supply: 9V battery or AC adapter
Power Consumption: DC 9V, 8 mA approx.
Dimensions: 115 (D) x 72 (H) x 50 (H) mm
Weight: 250 g approx. (Not including battery)
Remove the 4 screws from the back cover of the Providence Flame Drive to replace the battery. Use a 9V/6F22/MN1604 type replacement battery. When changing the battery, do not pull strongly on the battery cable. This could result in disconnection or malfunctioning of the device.
- (2010-12-23) Providence: Flame Drive & Chrono Delay (Strat to Bassman) by Burgerman666
- (2010-12-23) NEO: Ventilator with Providence Flame Drive to Bassman by Burgerman666
- (2010-12-24) Providence: Flame Drive with Les Paul to Bassman by Burgerman666
- (2011-01-25) Providence Flame Drive Stampede Overdrive Chrono Delay Final Booster NAMM 2011 by Godlyke
- (2011-01-29) Carl Verheyen Gear Providence Flame Drive Stampede Overdrive Chrono Delay NAMM 2011 by Godlyke
- (2011-02-09) NAMM '11 - Providence Effects Flame Drive & Chrono Delay Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2011-02-23) Providence Flame Drive (Free The Tone) by simplexiammine
- (2013-06-14) Providence Flame Drive by Retro Channel
- (2013-06-14) PROVIDENCE Flame Drive FDR-1F Demo by Lance Keltner by Providence
- (2013-07-29) Providence Flame Drive FDR-1F Demo by Piotr Wójcicki by Providence
- (2013-08-01) ???????PROVIDENCE FLAME DRIVE FDR-1F Demo by Lance Keltner by Providence