Employs Vitalizer B circuit in input section
The VitalizerÂ™ is a buffer that converts high impedance signals that are likely to degrade sound quality by picking up noise or lose higher frequencies to a low impedance signal that are less likely to be affected by those problems. It is an Active Impedance Converter that Providence has invented to make sure the sound doesn't get too Hi-Fi while respecting the instruments and effect pedals' sound character and signal quality. It delivers natural sound thatÂ’s faithful to the instrument by using a special circuit that minimizes the "Active" tone. The Vitalizer B is optimized for bass guitar, down tuned guitar and 7/8 string guitar with its lower frequency range. The Brick Drive BDI-1 features the Vitalizer B circuit on input section which delivers more vivid and clear sound by tightening up the bottom end that tends to get blurred with most other processors and effects. Also, VZ THRU output sends the signal that went through Vitalizer B circuit and converted to low impedance signal. It can be used as parallel out to be connected with other pedals or tuner.
Hi-Definition Bass Sound
With the carefully picked quality parts and circuit structure specifically designed for bass, it provides more power of expression with low noise. The internal operating voltage is boosted to 21V to achieve more dynamic range.
By mixing the drive sound and clean sound through the preamp EQ, it transforms and adds nuance to the overdriven sound. Even when it's heavily driven, the bottom end and fullness of the sound will be intact by adding the unaffected clean sound via the mix knob. Also, adding just a little but of drive gain to the clean sound gives a huge, thick, wall of bass style sound. The mix control allows you to create a variety of sound settings from a bit of edge to full out aggressive distortion The drive gain was designed to be used with the clean sound and blend it together, or wild full out distortion sound without the usual muddy bottom end.
The EQ section was designed based on the Dual Bass Station's circuit, Treble, Mid, Bass and we've added Presence control for even more control over your tone. Presence controls the harmonics and sharpens the contour of the sound.
Loaded with the balanced out for more flexibility in both live and recording environments. The Ground lift switch prevents ground loop noise from other units.
The mini toggle switch selects the mode when the pedal is bypassed. When the Bypass mode is selected, it delivers direct sound that bypasses the Vitalizer B circuit. Mute mode is ideal to be used when the player switches or tunes instruments.
- Controls: CLEAN LEVEL, DRIVE LEVEL, MIX, DRIVE GAIN, BASS, MID, MID FREQ, TREBLE, PRESENCE, BYPASS/MUTE MODE SW, BYPASS/MUTE-OFF SW, CLEAN-DRIVE SW, GND LIFT SW
- Connectors: Standard 1/4-inch Phone JACK(IN, OUT, VZ THRU), XLR TYPE(DI OUT), DC12V INPUT
- Power Supply: Supplied AC adaptor(PAP-712DCJ for North America and Japan,PAP-712DCE for Europe, PAP-712DCU for UK)
- Power consumption: DC12V 80Ã¯Â½ÂA
- Size: 125(D) X 97(W) X 50(H)mm
- Weight: Approx. 380g
- (2016-06-12) Here's a quick video of Rodney McGlothlin (Voice Of Dissent) is testing the new Bass Preamp & Drive + DI Pedal, Brick Drive, BDI-1 at Masaki Murashita rehearsal. Rodney will be performing with Masaki on following dates starting June 22! Stay tuned for the by Providence
- (2016-07-15) Providence Brick Drive BDI-1 by Providence
- (2016-07-20) Now shipping! Providence Brick Drive Bass Preamp & Drive + D.I. is extremely versatile and can do everything from Metal in the style of this video to any genre where someone is looking to give bass sound kick in the ass! Check it out at http://www.provide by Providence
- (2016-07-25) Now Shipping! Providence Brick Drive BDI-1 Bass Drive Preamp + Vitalizer B & D.I.. The pedal is extremely versatile and can do everything from Metal in the style of this video to any genre where someone is looking to give bass sound kick in the ass! by Providence
- (2016-08-29) Providence BDI-1 Brick Drive Overdrive - BASS Demo by MrExcane
- (2016-10-04) PROVIDENCE BASS BRICK DRIVE // BassTheWorld.com by BassTheWorld
- (2017-01-08) ?????????????????Cancer Bats?Scott Middleton??????????????????????????????????Out Of The Ruins??????Tatsu??????????????Brick Drive?Heat Blaster????????????????????????????????? by Providence