Providence is a brand name owned by Pacifix, Ltd., located in Yokohama, Japan since 1996. The owner/representative is Takeshi Okuno.
Timeline (by Takeshi Okuno)
- Established Pacifix, Ltd in June/1996
- Developed 3 kinds of different characteristic cables so that customers can select the cable most suitable for their sound. This was the first step in producing the No. 1 share cable brand in the Japanese market.
- Released the handcrafted A/B box which provided not only high quality sound but was also very reliable with very few breakdowns.
1997 : Released first Providence switching system PEC-1.
- 1998 : Released first Providence overdrive pedal Stampede OD SOV-1.
- 2004 : Employed another key engineer Atsuki Saito
- 2005 : Released the switching system PEC-2 which has the No. 1 market share in Japan.
- 2008 : Started selling the current effector series.
- 2009 : Penetrated into the overseas market and became accepted by many top musicians.
don't forget the sub categories in the navigation block!